“Tasty Chowder & Delicious Lobster Roll”

Cape Neddick Lobster Pound
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty Chowder & Delicious Lobster Roll”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stopped here for lunch on our way up to the Portland area. Being from the midwest, the atmosphere reminded me of a vacation Supper Club - in all the good ways! My traveling partner and I split the lobster roll because they are very big - and we each had a bowl of chowder. The lobster roll was delicious and not slathered in mayonnaise so it was all about the lobster. It was delicious. The chowder was very tasty. The taste of thyme and bacon added to the depth of flavor of the chowder. We sat by a window on a dreary Maine afternoon, but even still it was a lovely view and excellent service.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ruebrezin

MA
“Average Fare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant in November 2012 and really enjoyed our meals so we thought we would go back again on our trip this November. We had salads that were quite good for salads in November -- only complaint was small portion of salad dressing. We each had the baby Maine shrimp baskets. The shrimp and fries are very light and not greasy at all! Really enjoyed both of those. The coleslaw, however, is horrible!!! It did not taste fresh at all and was nasty. The tarter sauce is excellent with a different flavor than most. The cocktail sauce really cannot get a fair review, as ours was frozen. No dipping of shrimp in that! Our waitress was very nice and attentive. We had really good service. Was very quiet for a Friday night.

Visited November 2013
“Great rest with view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had a lobster dinner with bridal party. Great view with outside deck upstairs, food was very good. Waitresses were very nice and great service.

New Hampshire
“Horrific Lunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

For lunch I wanted to try something new and had heard one good thing about this place. So as we pulled in we were, not so much greeted by the host but just put in a general direction. We then sat down, with a view of the harbor and were in a few moments seen by a waitress who asked what we wanted to drink. Two milk shakes and a water were ordered. The milk shakes are just like cold chocolate milk, there is no thickness to them, be aware. So disappointed from the 'shake' I asked for two waters, one with no ice. Both came with ice. We then ordered an appetizer and which was tasty but minimal. Only four came as an appetizer. She never brought me a water and so when she came back awhile later I asked for a water, again with no ice and she brought half a glass of water with bits of black things at the bottom. When we put in our order we informed them of an allergy in the party and they couldn't cook the lobster in a different pot than the shrimp so the menu had become very limited to the one with the allergy. Then when we had put in our order for food and waited 50 minutes for it. There were two caesar salads with steak tips in the order and a haddock dish. The waitress brought bread to the other two tables occupied in the restaurant except for us. So we stopped another waitress about 20 minutes into the wait to ask for bread which she kindly brought and asked if we needed anything else. I wish we could have given the tip to her. Our waitress showed up with cold steak to split between the two salads. Cold, dry, extremely overcooked, unflavored, it wasn't even eaten. I didn't even finish the $30 overpriced crap salad. It was awful. We cancelled our dessert and honestly wanted to walk out. We reluctantly paid and left. I left a comment in their comment box so hopefully they see the miserable experience and pick it up a little. Such a waste of money and never stop in here, it isn't worth a second glance.

Terrible service
Dirty dishes&cups
Awful quality food

I only give this a 1 star because it is the minimal. They should take one star as a gift.

1 Thank Alexis C
pounded, Manager at Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
October 20, 2013

Alexis,

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced while dining with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

Because I was your server that day, I feel particlarly bad for not picking up on your displeasure. Speaking for myself and the staff at The Pound, we want our customers to be happy, and always prefer that a guest communicate their displeasure directly, so that the experience can be corrected. We will always offer an alternative meal or a discount/compensated meal if the guest is not happy. I understand for some, it is difficult to make a direct complaint, however, it really is appreciated.

I would invite you to email me personally at mel@capeneddick.com to offer you compensation.
Regards,
Melissa Young
York, Maine
“Delicious Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently had dinner at the Pound. My salad with Lobster meat was so fresh and my dining partner had the salmon special which was delicious. The service was outstanding, our server Holly was a delight. She was a local girl who told us lots of things about the area. We will definitely return on our next visit to CN.