“Surprisingly delightful”

Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“Surprisingly delightful”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Bring your own wine and bring cash - the best and potentially the worst of the experience - but they do warn you of both ahead of time. Otherwise the service, the food, the pairings of various different foods that one would not immediately put together and the portions were all spectacular. My wife's stuffed haddock was topped with a lobster tail and I had (among other things) a mixed vege and fruit salad with a blueberry dressing that was absolutely scrumptious. Service was friendly and knowledgable. Somewhat overpriced but still worth the very tasty and filling meal. Recommended by several locals, we got there at opening and before too long they were turning folks away - so reserve but don't worry about the time you spend, no one is hovering over you worrying about the next service.

Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I have been coming to York for 17 years and this is the first time we have ventured out of our normal dining routine. I am so happy we did! This place is by far THE best we have ever been to around York Beach. The atmosphere and staff (including owner Thea) were remarkable, and the food was to die for! Would highly recommend and already have to family and friends. Can't wait to come back next year.

1 Thank Lisa H
Chesapeake City, Maryland, United States
“This was hands down the best meal I've eaten”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We picked this restaurant solely because it was close to the campground. We were handed a bottle of wine by a couple leaving who let us know it was BYOB and saw my sad face and empty hands. Great bottle of wine, thank you stranger.
The food was incredible! Lobster purses almost made me swoon. I ate two appetizers, the purses and the spring rolls (also amazing). My husband had the chimichurri steak. We both had leftovers and no room for dessert - which looked delicious going by.
Service was wonderful, and we were amused to pay by out of state check. We didn't have reservations but they are recommended. Do NOT miss this restaurant if you are anywhere nearby.

Newton, Massachusetts
“Steve S”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent good food huge
Portions excellent service
Fun place cash only and
Byob will go again in August
Reservations a must

1 Thank Stephen S
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Our new favorite in the OGT area”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were fortunate to be introduced to Frankie & Johnny's on our most recent trip to Maine through friends who live in the area. After visiting Maine for the past 5-6 years, I am in love with this place. A couple of helpful things to know - the restaurant is BYOB (which means you can bring in some awesome wine) and only accepts cash/check. I seriously can't wait to return next summer. There are great appetizers to choose from; however, you will want to order the Lobster Purses (trust me). You entree will also include one of their amazing salads. Our party had everything from the lamb special to their homemade pasta. You will not be disappointed as the portions are large. Unfortunately, we were too full to enjoy the idea of dessert. But seriously, make this a stop if you are visiting Ogunquit/Wells/York.

• Visited July 2014