“Excellent Find”

Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Excellent Find”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food was great. I had the jerk pork plate. It came with peas and rice along with veges and grilled plantains. The pork was more tender and moist than a comparable plate I had at the Jerk Center in Ocho Rios in January. And that was better than Scotchies! They have live music on Saturday nights. Piped the rest of the time. Go up to the window, order, and eat on one of the many picnic benches. All painted red, green, and white. Local Yankees should expand their palate and try it. You'll love it.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Brian H

Ogunquit, Maine, United States
“Delicious and Authentic Jamaican.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

First visit to this place since moving to the area. Had the jerk chicken which was perfection, served with a generous portion of black beans and rice as well as a plantain and a warm cabbage/carrot salad. We will be back. A rare find in an area that has few choices like this!

3 Thank DU03907
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Best Jamaican food I've ever had! Meat is amazing, workers are very nice, music is awesome. I'm from New York and during every trip back to Maine I'd definitely come back to eat here!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jadyn E
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you're looking for authentic yummy Jamaican food in the Seacoast this is the place to be. The service here is tops, so friendly and kind. I've been coining for many summers now and the quality never goes down. I'm always happy to come back year after year. I love the whole menu. My personal favorite is the beef patty I always get to go with my meal. Perfect for filling up on after a long morning fishing or swimming. Will try the snapper this summer for sure.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Munster11
Saratoga Springs, New York
“It was fate.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife wanted one more lobster roll from 4 Mile Lobster as we headed south out of Maine. I thought I would stop at Flo's to get hot dogs for me and my son but the crowd at Flo's was more than I could stand. Just as my son starts to cry out "But I want a hot dog!" I see the sign for the Jamaican Jerk Center and at the bottom it says "Hot Dogs". To avoid another stop I decided to get the jerk chicken, even though I a not a huge fan and most of the jerk seasoning I am familiar with has been rather spicy. I took one bite and was floored. Moist chicken with just the right amount of heat. Wonderful flavor. The rice and beans had a nice sweetness that balanced the heat of the jerk seasoning. The mixed vegetables also had excellent flavor. I think it was mostly steamed cabbage and carrots. To top it off they have real Jamaican ginger beer that might have been the best I have ever had. My son's hot dog was also very good. Thank you fate, thank you.

• Visited August 2013