“Top notch hot dogs from an unassuming roadside hut”

Flo's Steamed Hot Dogs
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We set out to find this place on a recommendation, but still really just stumbled upon it in the end as it was unexpectedly just by the roadside in a small hut. We were lucky to get a spot to park and the queue just extended outside the door. When we got inside, it is really just a low-ceilinged shack with a serving hatch. We were a bit uncertain as to the ordering protocol, but there were some basic "instructions" on the wall - cash only, first state the number of dogs you want, then later specify the toppings. I had just one dog (big regret - get at least two if you visit) with the house special toppings (house special relish, mayo and celery salt). The service was a little brusque and the wait was long (10-15 min) but worth it. The toppings worked superbly with the dog and unusually the bun is steamed, making it hot and lovely and fluffy. I got mine with an old-fashioned cream soda. If I went back, and I certainly would, I would get one each of the house special and the fully loaded. Any number of combo toppings are available and the price is cheap!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The most simple, quaint "shack" of an eatery. You squeeze yourself like sardines into the trailer, always expect a wait (yes, because it's worth it) the best steamed hotdog I have ever had... If you don't like hotdogs your out of luck because @ Flo's that is all you get (besides soda, chips, awesome relish and a large portion of personality of ladies serving)!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Flo's has been a fixture on Route 1 in Cape Neddick halfway to forever. It is one of those must do, iconic eateries (like Ted's in Meriden CT, Rutt's Hut in Clifton NJ and the Anchor Bar in Buffalo NY). Just go and enjoy. Don't bother ripping the dogs or the way they are presented. Nobody cares. You go for the experience and the relish. The relish is nothing short of phenomenal. Make sure you order properly, and don't even contemplate adding another dog or two to your order. You may get a "no dogs for you, one year!" Flo's closes at 3:00pm, so don't be late. Bon apetit!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you love hot dogs you must visit Flos. Get your hot dog Loaded, it is rely good this way. They do not take credit cards so come with cash but the prices are very reasonable. We each had two hot dogs but the young boys ordering before use had 8 or 9 each! They have a few tables outside that can be used,we shared a table with a young family. Be ready to wait in line and check there hours as they are only open a few hours per day.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was our first meal and destination upon arrival in Maine, and I was relieved that we got there by 2 pm. I was following a guidebook that rated Flo's highly while also revealing that the place looked like a shed so we had expectations for a true Maine experience. Fortunately there was not a line wrapping around the place as forewarned, and we even got a picnic table. My husband and I got the house specials -- awesome -- but we were cautious with the kids' and got theirs with ketchup (which Gail will put on). My daughter tried one bite of my hot dog and wanted to go back in and get her own house special but by that time a line had formed.