“Enjoyable Stay"”

Caribou Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caribou
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was a spontaneous trip I took to Caribou. I arrived at the Caribou Motor Inn. The hotel clerk was very friendly and gave me a nice room. Service was prompt.

The location is visible when you come into Caribou. Very easy to find. The hotel had all the amenities that I needed and more. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and quiet. There is a nice indoor swimming pool. The room the pool is in is very large.

There is a restaurant attached. I was given a discount on my breakfast, which was very tasty. I only ate dinner their the first night and I was not pleased with my selection. Not sure what the other meals were like, so I can not fairly rate it. The dining room staff was very friendly, the service very good and the it was clean.

I would highly recommend the Caribou Motor Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms located in the pool area are very warm.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dsjones2756

Reviewed 3 August 2011

I made my reservation by telephone. I told the clerk it was for two. When I arrived we checked in prior to attending a family function. They had us down for only one person. I corrected them and they provided a breakfast card for two and two keys. We then went to our event. We arrived back at the hotel late. We went to our room and were dismayed with the slightly larger than a twin bed. It was late. We were tired and did not want to have to change rooms so we made do. It was not comfortable. I have written them twice to complain, letting them know that the clerk should have been aware that this room was a room for one person not two. I have not heard back from them at all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jpf11
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We were up to visit family and needed a place to stay, there aren't too many options in Caribou but we were pleased with our choice the hotel needs updating but that said the room was large and everything was in good working order. We enjoyed our stay and had breakfast both mornings at the restaurant on site which was good and reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Squire43
Reviewed 10 July 2011

The room was very clean and big, wet bar and refrig great, front desk staff very helpful, meals were exceptional and the discount made them even better. Dining room staff was cheerful and helpful. Breakfast coupon provided ample selections or could be used against cost of other items on menu. We especially liked the fitness center, pool and hot tub. All in all, it was a very good experience staying at the Caribou Inn and Convention Center.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chippie12
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This hotel is old and outdated but spotlessly clean. The staff - front desk, restaurant, house keeping - all of them are great. The gym is great, although if you have a room above that section of the hotel, the music can get turned up a little loud and be a bit of a disturbance. The swimming pool is fantastic; unfortunately - and this is the only negative thing I have to say about this hotel - the pool is also freezing. They say the pipes had to be bled ... they say the oil ran out ... they write on the board that it's 81 degrees in there, which is a complete lie unfortunately. The locals will tell you that the pool is, always was, and always will be cold. Despite this I would return here, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank EuropeReviewer
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Came up for the weekend to go snowmobiling with some friends. The hotel was very clean and convenient to the trails we wanted to ride. We stayed there two days and had breakfast and dinner both days. The food was great and the service was very friendly at the restaurant. My husband and I didn't use the pool but our friends and their son enjoyed it both days along with the hot tub and exercise room. We were too tired after riding to venture in to the bar, but it looked fun. Next time we will definitely stop in to have a drink. I would definitely recommend this hotel when coming to Northern Maine any time of the year. Can't wait for next season.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cfowlerSanford
Reviewed 21 March 2011

This hotel has everything you need.....restaurant, bar, indoor swimming pool. Staff is great. Room is large and was very clean. Great place to stay in Northern Maine.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank MLBPDX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caribou
Hampton Inn Presque Isle
#2 of 2 in Caribou
The Castle Inn
The Castle Inn
#1 of 4 in Perth-Andover

Been to Caribou Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!