“Would never stay here again!”

Caribou Inn & Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caribou
Marco Island, Florida
“Would never stay here again!”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Property is in dire need of upgrades; much maintenance has been deferred. Horrible pillows.

Very nice indoor pool & whirlpool tub, but doesn't make up for negatives.

Much of housekeeping staff has bad attitude. They are more interested in getting off work as early as possible than providing service to rooms.

On site restaurant serves very good food.

Much nicer accommodations located 14 miles south in Presque Isle.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed recently while traveling for work. After a long day on the road, it was nice to be greeted by such a friendly person at the check-in counter. The rooms are nice; mine had a coffee maker, small fridge, and was adjacent to te centrally-located pool/hot tub area. The lounge was great - again, the staff was very welcoming. Guests also receive a $3.00 discount on breakfast in the dining room (which was very good).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick B
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here one night and that was enough for us. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and the service was outstanding - positively no complaints about that.

Our understanding was that the hotel was renovated, but our room at least certainly did not appear that way. The decor was 20-30 years old and the room felt extremely dark, the shower had zero water pressure, and there was no hot water at all.

On the positive side, the pool was excellent and the gym had to be the largest I've seen in a hotel... ever! I didn't use these facilities, but if I were in town for business for a few days, I would have been pretty happy with this.

We had our dogs with us and there was a very large field behind the hotel that was perfect for letting them get some exercise without being too close to the road.

Ultimately, the stay wasn't comfortable and the room felt a bit overpriced based on location as well as being an off-season Monday and this just outweighs the friendly staff and the excellent amenities in my opinion.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank gaarap
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a bluegrass festival held there in chilly January. It's not exceptionally fancy but the rooms are quite clean and comfortable--but what makes the place stand out was the friendliness and accommodation of the employees there,and the fact that the food in the restaurant was not the usual just-getting-by fare. Maybe this is unfair to say, but for a place that I think caters mainly to the snowmobile crowd in the winter, this is certainly beyond the pale. The salad bar is fresh and varied, the coffee quite decent, and the dishes innovative. I had the Chicken Aroostook, grilled chicken breast stuffed with just the right amount of spinach cream sauce and coated with a potato crust, set in a roasted red pepper sauce. This combination really worked with the chicken. Whoever the chef is, he or she is quite confident. Another night I sampled the Haddock Napoleano, which was a nice piece of haddock in a light stewed tomato topping. I'm pretty picky about food and presentation and this was very good, I thought. The rest of my party felt the same.The complimentary bread was fresh-baked with a nice chewy crust, not the usual mediocre rolls found at many hotel restaurants. The always-friendly waitstaff was tirelessly accommodating--to the point of bringing me a glass of wine from the by-the-bottle list because I wanted something not on the by-the-glass list. Top this off with the ultra personable and creative bartender who has invented a few innovative drinks and who keeps the fresh popcorn coming in the lounge and who also permitted me some small samples of some of the new Southern Comfort liquors out there (not my cup of tea ultimately, but kept me from ordering an entire drink that I would not have cared for), and this place is a find! I'd probably go out of my way to eat at the restaurant even if I were not staying there.

Although I did not make use of the pool because I had not brought a bathing suit, it's a nice addition--with even a lap-swimming lane!--and I wish I had had the occasion to make use of it.

Room Tip: I probably would take a room on the outside of the hotel--which is set up in a big square--to get so...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy D
Plantsville, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just a stop over became much more. The room was very clean and the clerk friendly and helpful. Helped us locate a local church and gave us Mass times to attend. We were given breakfast cards and even discounts on supper. The restaurant was very clean and the food for all of our meals was awesome. The pool area was very large, clean and very accommodating for extra towels.
This time our trip did not include the kids, but because of our previous visit a few years earlier, we searched out the Inn again. We had a wonderful time and would highly reccommend the Caribou Inn for future trips.

Room Tip: With the kids, we didn't particularly like the room facing the pool. To much distractions. Thi...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I wanted to like this place. I really, really did.
I hadn't been to Northern Maine in years, and this place is one of the better ones to stay in, as I understand. The room was spotless, and the extra sink and mini fridge were handy.
But the really hard bed, and the room with the french doors that opened on to the pool... if I'd had a room that didn't open on to the pool (and a different bed) it'd have been fine.
The staff was very friendly, and breakfast at the restaurant was pretty good. I hear the brunch is one of the best in the area. Location is convenient, and there's plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't open on to the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rrruby
Maine
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This was a spontaneous trip I took to Caribou. I arrived at the Caribou Motor Inn. The hotel clerk was very friendly and gave me a nice room. Service was prompt.

The location is visible when you come into Caribou. Very easy to find. The hotel had all the amenities that I needed and more. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and quiet. There is a nice indoor swimming pool. The room the pool is in is very large.

There is a restaurant attached. I was given a discount on my breakfast, which was very tasty. I only ate dinner their the first night and I was not pleased with my selection. Not sure what the other meals were like, so I can not fairly rate it. The dining room staff was very friendly, the service very good and the it was clean.

I would highly recommend the Caribou Motor Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms located in the pool area are very warm.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dsjones2756
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caribou
Hampton Inn Presque Isle
#4 of 4 in Grand Falls
Crown Park Inn
Crown Park Inn
#2 of 2 in Caribou

Been to Caribou Inn & Convention Center? Share your experiences!