“A delightful hotel in a delightful county!”
Review of Crown Park Inn

Crown Park Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Caribou
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I arrived with two friends for the Columbus Day weekend. I had booked the hotel through Priceline, so one would assume that the hotel charged my card immediately. But that was not the case, to my surprise and delight. The hotel's policy is to charge upon checkout, which was great for us, since we DID need a larger room - and we still paid the same low price. Crown Park Inn has renovated nicely - the hallway carpet was brand new, as was our room carpet. The bedspreads had just arrived, and were beautiful. We had a refrigerator in the room, and 75 channel cable on a new flatscreen TV - more channel choices, I might add, than the Marriott Marquis in New York. Meghan, the desk clerk, couldn't have been nicer. She brought us extra towels, changed our room for us, and checked to see that our new room was satisfactory. The bathroom was spotless as well. Heat and air conditioning worked perfectly. The only drawback of Crown Park is they don't have a full-fledged restaurant, but they have coffee and tea, some fruit, and doughnuts. But there are several places close by to have breakfast. Crown Park is popular with the hunters during moose season in Northern Maine. The parking lot looked full, but despite the nearly filled rooms, we had a very quiet night, and everyone was friendly - typical of Aroostook County - a wonderful place to visit or live.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank FENMEISTER

Reviewed 21 July 2008

I have stayed at the Crown Park Inn several times over the years.
When I was traveling alone and visiting in the area, it wasn't bad. But over the last 2 yrs, things aren't as good as they used to be. My stay there 2 yrs ago, the bed was uncomfortable. The mattress felt lumpy and old. I did complain and we were given 1 night off of our 3 night stay. I did think that was reasonable. The last time I was there, we had called the front desk about not having any hot water. We were told to let it run for a few minutes to get the hot water from one end of the hotel to the other..... well, we figured 20 minutes was a good amount of time. We were lucky if it was luke warm...... so the last couple of times we have stayed, it seems to get worse. I know there are nicer places in the area, and for $20 or $30 more a night, I know I can eat at the hotel, have a pool and hot tub, AND have HOT water.... so that was the end of my stay at the Crown Park.... the other place is worth having to travel the extra 10 minutes to the family's house!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank med615
Reviewed 22 May 2008

I stayed here back at the beginning of May 2008. I understand that new ownership may be the reason for the horrible conditions that were provided. First of all the sign out front said room rates starting at $49.95 but when you get in there, apparently that isnt the case. Second, the sign on the door says Lounge open upon request, when we requested this, we were told that there was nothing in there really. Third, the pool table that was shown on the poster was not there. Fourth and probably the most important was the mold in some of the rooms. My boss was staying in one of the first floor rooms and her windows were covered with mold (no wonder she was sick). Five, well I know that other goverment employees were being charged an unreasonable amount of money $90+ for their stay in the same rooms because when you mention government rate I think they adjust up rather than down. Six, staff there is pretty dense. Seven, when checking out were charged for a 3rd day when we only stayed 2 days and then when asked for the refund the staff member didnt know how to credit our cards and had to give us cash back (which is unheard of). Anyway, I would never recommend this inn to anyone that has any class at all. Most of the people that I talked to who stayed here were afraid to walk on the carpets with bare feet. It was not worth the rate (government rate at that) at all... I'll not go before I'd stay at that place again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank tba2
Reviewed 5 June 2007

The Crown Park Inn is a good, clean hotel. It's not the Ritz Carlton or the Four Seasons but you really can't expect that in Aroostook County anyway.

I just completed a three-night stay at the Crown Park Inn this past weekend so I wanted to provide a little perspective compared to another review posted here. I wouldn't want it to cause the Crown Park to lose any business. I spend a lot of time traveling across the US and Canada, and lived in Caribou for five years, and the Crown Park Inn compares favorably to many of moderately priced hotels I've stayed in. There can be bad days for any hotel -- I have stayed at Hiltons that have disgusted me by the level of cleanliness, by the way -- but this hotel was everything that I expected.

The front desk and cleaning staff were friendly and efficient, the rooms were cleaned well every day, and the decor and furnishings were typical hotel style but fine. (The hotel was renovated in the mid-1990s but that was still 11 years ago.) There are about 60 channels of cable TV and free wireless Internet; a nice touch that has become an essential for me while traveling. There is a continental breakfast (coffee, orange juice, english muffins and bagels to toast, and a package of powdered doughnuts). If I had a quibble I would say that the room wasn't adequately lighted and the tiling on the floor is slippery when wet.

The price is a little steep but it's still cheaper than some of the other hotels/motels in the area. There also isn't any restaurant on the premises -- the DC Lounge closed -- but it's close to both fast food and other restaurants on Bennett Drive and within 10 minutes of driving to Sweden Street's restaurants like Reno's (open late) and Burger Boy (a drive-in classic).

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank likestofly
Reviewed 21 March 2007

I stayed at the Crown Park Inn this week for one night. When I pulled the covers back on the bed I immediately saw hair in the bed. I asked the front desk person to change the sheets. I also found hair in the bathroom on the toilet lid and on the sink counter. The whole experience was just gross. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank karen4748
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caribou
Caribou Inn & Convention Center
Best Western Plus Grand-Sault Hotel & Suites
Perth-Andover Motor Inn
Perth-Andover Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Perth-Andover

Been to Crown Park Inn? Share your experiences!