“October Visit”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Maplewood Inn & Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here during the Columbus Day weekend, Friday and Saturday nights.
Our room was in the motel, not the inn.

The room was adequate and quiet. Plenty of hot water and the heat worked well.
Despite being somewhat close to the road there was not much noise.

If I needed a place to stay in the area I would not rule it out.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife and I needed a place to stay while attending a wedding in nearby Otisfield. The last time we stayed a motel in ME it was a less than pleasant experience; I was reluctant to take a chance again, but I was impressed from the very beginning. When making the reservations Patrick answered the phone and seemed like he was truly happy to be booking us, the next day I called and asked if we could check in a bit early, “No problem, the room will be ready when you get here.”
When we arrived Patrick greeted us and gave a brief tour of the inn and some of its history. I should also mention that my brother and his fiancé were staying at the same location and when he realized this he relocated their room next to ours. Really, it’s little things like that make you want to come back.
Being in the service industry is difficult and it shows when someone is not engaged. Not the case here… We all truly felt like welcomed guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was in dire straits late the other night after having missed the last ferry to Frye Island in Raymond, Maine after a 4+ hour drive. Heading back down Rt. 302 I saw only one hotel which showed "no vacancy." My cell battery was nearly depleted as I called my wife at home to let her know my dilemma. She checked Tripadvisor and found this place, called Patrick and made arrangements for me to stay there that night.

When I arrived, feeling (and probably looking) pathetic and burnt, Patrick upgraded me to Room 1 in the Inn/house (I have no idea what my original accommodation was to be as my wife wouldn't 'fess up to that or the cost). He then gave me a brief tour of the place. When he found that I had a sack of fast food on which to dine, he wouldn't have that and prepared me a chicken sandwich with chips -- beyond hospitable!

The house is quite old but tastefully decorated with modern furnishings. The two baths are shared. However I was the only one staying in the house, so I can't give any indication as to how inconvenient that would be in the event there were other guests. They were both very clean.

Patrick had turned on the A/C in the room in anticipation of my arrival, so the room was nice and cool. The bed was very comfy, decor lovely. Unfortunately, I was awakened by speeding cars on Rt. 302 the next morning -- it may not be a problem for everyone, but I am accustomed to the quiet of home as we live in a rural setting.

Beginning at 7:30am (this is a welcome opportunity to get an early start to the day), breakfast is downstairs in the dining room. It consists of beverages (including OJ), yogurt, fruit salad, toast or bagel, cereal. Rene did offer the option of scrambled eggs, as well, which I politely declined as I am not much of a breakfast eater.

Both Patrick and Rene made me feel welcome and at home. Their warmth (especially Patrick) was greatly appreciated and allowed me to find comfort and relaxation after a very stressful drive. Thank you both for making my vacation that much easier.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at the inn: one of the rooms in the house. Our room was so comfortable, personal somehow, not like a generic motel room. We could roll out of bed and walk through the kitchen to the un-stuffy breakfast. Options included cereal, blueberry bagels, bread, mixed fruit (melons), and hard-boiled eggs. One morning Rene made pancakes!

We were there for our anniversary so got special treatment: Patrick had left cookies and chocolate pennies in our room for when we checked in. On our actual anniversary, Rene presented us with a bar of Belgian chocolate. It was so big I thought it was a paperback book initially.

Our two critiques are
(1) the toilet paper was Scott Tissue, as thin as they come. (But SAPPI paper [formerly SD Warren, who was a supplier for Scott] is down the road. Perhaps they are supporting a local business indirectly.)
(2) the comforter on the bed was too heavy for summertime. A quilt would have been perfect.

Maplewood Inn wouldn't be as homey without Patrick and Rene. They even did our laundry for us, saving us money of course, but so much time as well. That is going above-and-beyond.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eefryer
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed in the new addition, and it was cute and in good shape. We appreciated being able to use the seperate entrance so we didn't wake any of the others when we arrived late in the evening. The inn itself needs some work, and the breakfast was very basic, but the people running it are very friendly and welcoming! That itself is worth a return trip!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Don't be put off by the somewhat unprepossessing exterior of this place. I can't say much about the inn since we stayed in the motel rooms (although it looked like they were redoing each room of the inn). But the motel rooms are very nice. Large, very clean, and with linens that are definitely a step above standard motel fare. We stayed early in the season so the pool wasn't open but looked nice. The motel also has a great location - very close to the entrance to the State Park (which is lovely by the way), and to restaurants etc in the redone Naples causeway region. But the best thing about the place was the owners. They were really really friendly and helpful and hospitable. They even mailed back something we left in the room (and hadn't yet missed). Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I stayed in the motel section of this lovely B&B for the fourth of July. It's a little gem! The room was spotless. Very clean! The outdoor pool was super nice! And The owners, were so friendly and lovely! I don't think I could possibly sit here and say enough kind things about them. The breakfast is complimentary and it's fresh and delicious. They have great recommendations for the area and seriously made our little weekend getaway fantastic. I just love this place. Also the lake is very close. it's a couple lefts and rights. But less than a 10 minute drive. Really convenient and great! We will absolutely be back this summer without a doubt! 110%

Room Tip: Don't be thrown off by the word "Motel" We stayed in one of the Motel rooms across fro...