“Our Rainbow Week”
Review of Point Sebago

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Point Sebago
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Eliot, Maine
“Our Rainbow Week”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We recently held our 75th birthday party here and it was more than fabulous! We were a party of 27 and we took the Island Lodge and 3 adjoining cottages. Donald Toms and Ruth York were instrumental in assisting us with our rather extensive plans. They were always there for us!! The Lodge is a fabulous accommodation with spacious rooms including two full kitchens, three living areas, 6 bedrooms and a huge "bunk" room. Not one of the 27 attendees could find anything to com[plain about....and that's extremely rare! The staff were just a phone call away and were most delightful to have around. Would we go there again? YOU BET WE WOULD!!!
High praises and thank you's to everyone at Point Sebago resort!

Room Tip: Any room is fine!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 August 2013

made reservation I never received an invoice, when we got there she started charging us for extra people and tax which was not in my total that she gave me over the phone when I made the reservation, when you make a reservation somewhere and they tell you what the total is the total should be the total amount not when you get there you start adding stuff on. Resort I don't think so, this place nickles and dimes you for absolutely everything! we went to one of the restaurants the waitress spilled my sisters food / salad dressing all over my husband and in his drink , so we asked for another drink .can you believe she bring it back two thirds full because she said he had already drank two thirds of it ! all in all the only reason this was a good vacation was because we had a good time with family . also the lady at the boat rental place is downright rude to several members of my family at different times . needless to say there is no value or service for the money and we will not be going back

5 Thank CRUISECHICK32

Travellers are raving about these Casco hotels

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

First time going to point sebago. Great place for the kids. Many activities. The food was horrible. Other family members ranted about the restaurant a month before. When I asked for the kitchen manager a very rude young man came out refusing to listen to my complaints. Safe to say problem not cured. The inexperienced kitchen manager should be let go. Very rude and could use bedroom manors! Money not well spent on terrible food and service.

6 Thank tinabrown7669
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A wonderful spot for a perfect family vacation. Friendly helpful staff. A special shout out to scot. Duncan who helped me out when I got lost! We thought the beach was lovely and for kids there was lots to do. Bring the whole family
Close to restaurants

1 Thank Atirsnib
Carver, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just got back from our 5th July vacation at PS. It is obvious they are pinching pennies. The staff is at least 1/3 of what it was when we started going to PS 5 years ago. No one checking Id's at happy hour. Only 2 wait staff at happy hour.It was faster going to the bar to get a drink. Sebago square is no longer staffed to help guests throughout the day. Our trailer was "ready" at 3:15 but the floor was still wet from being mopped and the outside porch light did not work. Again a staffing issue. Tables at the sport court area are rotted and need replacing. Sand at the sport court area spills from horseshoe area (something that just happens) How about using a backpack blower and cleaning the courts every morning? The benches in the sprinkler park area are peeling of paint and need attention. The asphalt shingles are falling off trailer homes and buildings. The restaurant is still serving food that is subpar. At breakfast I found at least 15 yogurts that were expired. The expired food was brought to my attention by my niece who told me something was wrong with her yogurt. Point Sebago should have an outside company come in to run the food service end and collect rent. It would be win/win for PS and their guests. The Chippy and friends outside stage show was held outside in the rain. When I approached a staff member why it wasn't inside she told me "it wasn't suppose to rain" despite the fact that they were setting it up while it was raining. The show was cut short after the staff used trash bags to cover the audio equipment from getting wet. The Flamin Raymond show attendance has decreased over the past 3 years. For the returning guests the show is old and needs updating. With the amount of returning guests every year (there is a lot) this show has "run it's course". Ray and Sue are great and still have the energy. The show just doesn't have the appeal to a lot of guests who have seen it 5 plus times. If the parents are not interested they will not go to the show with their kids.
The of a golf cart rental increased $30.00 this year to $270.00 for the week. When we picked up the golf cart the seat and front floor was "clean" but the rest of it was a mess. I have rented cars for longer period of time for less money. The cost of this vacation is not cheap. And the 2014 prices have increased again! The management spends more time updating the rules and regulations and squeezing guests for more money every year than improving the property. I am not alone in my review. un-solicited conversations were happening with long time guests and home/site owners during the week. Noting the change in conditions at PS maybe it's time for management changes, maybe even time for the family to sell the "resort" to a company with the capital to update and improve conditions.
We love Point Sebago and the friends we meet each year. The activities are great for all ages. It is a great resort with great potential. It is a tradition we would like to continue with our kids as they continue to grow. A lot of the "little things" are easily remedied like making sure the benches aren't rotted and are sanded and freshly painted at the beginning of each season. It's these little things that start to add up and make people think more and more about booking vacations elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank peter A
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Point Sebago: A great family vacation right on Sebago Lake in Maine that is inclusive with so many activities and things to do in a safe environment. Camping, boating, beach games, contests, corn hole tournaments, horseshoes, Adults only Happy Hour daily, a beach bbq with entertainment, kids (supervised) day camps, relaxing on the beach, campfires, bingo, arcade, snack bar, ice cream stand, hayrides, WOW! This place has something for everybody in your family. My 9 year old nephew had the time of his life during his "first year" at Point Sebago. And, it proved to be a great time for me and my parents who have been back year after year.

The best part?? You can relax at your campsite or join every activity listed. The choice is up to you. I camped here as a child and teen with my parents and sister. The campground is even better than I remember. They have made some positive changes to a place my entire family has loved for YEARS such as a new arcade, more picnic tables, outdoor "drive in" movies, family dance parties and more!

** Please remember, this is NOT a 5 start HOTEL; Point Sebago is a CAMPGROUND resort. A campground in Maine. We brought OUR OWN trailer. There are some complaints about the rentals but this is a CAMPGROUND. Perhaps their expectations are comparing with a hotel. This is not a hotel. If you're looking for fine dining and a pristine, spotless place like Disney, this may not be the place for you. But, if you enjoy making new friends, reconnecting with fellow campers from last year, throwing on some flip flops, sporting your bathing suit and relaxing, playing in the sand at the lake, winning the coveted "I Won It" tee shirts, being in the great outdoors then....Point Sebago will not disappoint. I have no complaints!

Also, Point Sebago is close to other local attractions should you want to explore the area. I had a blast all these years later!!! And, will be visiting in 2014 for sure!

Room Tip: Ask reservations for the different areas of the resort. If you share what you are looking for, they...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank scrapgirl77
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 July 2013

we had the best time ever. We had 4 cabins side by side, the cabins were well equipped with everything needed to make your vacation a very easy vacation. We all had a ball, so much to do but not enough time to do everything. Staff was right there if anything was needed. The employees went above and beyond. Job well done Staff and Crew members. We will be coming back...

Room Tip: not sure if the had a pool...I hit that by accident..but lake was beautiful....we had a party of 15...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lyn m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casco
Harraseeket Inn
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs
Lakeview Inn
Lakeview Inn
#1 of 5 in Naples

Been to Point Sebago? Share your experiences!