“Just let go!”
Review of Point Sebago

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Point Sebago
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Reviewed 30 August 2013

The reviews that I have been reading are wrong Point Sebago is a Great couples or family getaway. An Oasis in a sea of green wilderness. Yes its got its golfcarts driven by young teens,also adults letting go of the everyday nonsense we hold with us . I say "GO SEE YOURSELF" Tons for your kids to do, Great people, good service. All around nice place!! OH YEAH! Lighten up people it's a campground you didn't book at the WALDORF ASTORIA , one star thats just ridiculous..

1  Thank EDWARD N

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This was our third year at Sebago and our LAST! It was the worst vacation I have ever had! It is nothing more but a drunk house and golf cart speedway! You don't hear birds chirping or wind blowing leaves...you hear golf carts buzzing up and down the roads day and night! Guess what...most of those golf carts are driven by drunk people! They drink all day at the beach or bar and then drive home to get ready for more drinking! The parties are loud although I have to say most are quiet by 11pm. My teenage son was on his bike and a golf cart driven by a man with a "red solo cup" backed into him and then drove away. He had no clue that he had hit anyone...lucky for us my son was ok... but the wheel on his bike was not. Also want to mention that there is a lot of bulling so if your child is not a "city kid" or is a bit different be prepared for him/her to have a terrible time too. My little one went to camp one day and every time we peeked on him the camp leader was texting on her phone and the children were self entertaining. Guess that would be ok if I wanted to dump my kids off for the day so I could get drunk! Also want to mention that I saw two very little boys in need of the life guard because their parents were too busy drinking on beach and not watching their children in the water. I am a nurse and thought I would have to be saving lives on vacation! The food is terrible! yuk! I did not feel like my children were safe on the roads because of all of the golf carts and they were even going down one way streets. I was very disappointed. It was no Vacation!

13  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had been to Point Sebago for my Husbands high school reunion about 4 years ago. I had never been or heard of it until then and I was in love. The beach and water is beautiful all sand! The burgers we had were good! I had a great time there which I did not expect since I don't do well at social functions not knowing anyone. I am very shy. Anyways August (2012) Ryan purposed to me in a helicopter down on the Jersey Shore while visiting his grandma. We agreed to have the wedding in a year and also both wanted a beach wedding. His thoughts were to have wedding on land his family owns in New Hampshire. I know my family and they are not ones who will travel at all. We had just attended a beautiful wedding which the couple needed to plan every single aspect which when they told me they paid 1200 for the "port-a -potty" which was the nicest I have ever seen I almost died. I wanted a low cost easy fun wedding. I am a person who would rather save money for a home instead of a big fancy wedding. (Thats me and my dream) I was researching our options in our area and every idea I had, they all were missing something, didn't have parking, didn't have bathrooms, only can have 50 ppl, but mostly we cannot plan the weather and not knowing a year away what our wedding day would bring, rain or sun this forced us to think we would need to rent a tent or some plan for rain, which tents are pricey! I think I googled beach weddings and Point Sebago came up. I remembered how I loved that place and I would have loved to get married there. I was beyond shocked to see it was AFFORDABLE.... like really affordable and it fit our budget! I was so excited I emailed right away wanting to know more. Ryan was not so thrilled with my thought. He agreed to check the place out with me. Ruth was very kind and great personality for wedding planning (full of energy and happy!) What really sold me on this idea (yes I loved the surroundings and the price) the fact they ensure that if the weather doesn't cooperate they will provide shelter to have the wedding under! They had parking, they had restrooms, they did the cooking, they had the tables, they had the chairs for the ceremony....They had everything I was concerned about if I had to put on at some random place. I kept telling Ryan why this place was perfect. All the stress that would be off us I wanted to have it there. I was sold before we even got the details. When we met Ruth for the first time and she showed us where the Beach BBQ wedding would be held, she said (I think jokingly) "Oh if you wanted to zip line into the wedding ceremony we can make that happen" Ryan and I looked at one another and instantly both said "OH MY YES!" I was so excited to think we could do this! It was a DOUBLE zip line so my Dad would be able to "zip me down the aisle". My Dad was thrilled with that idea also. Ryan and I said yes we wanted to book our wedding. We were able to have it in August and we selected a Sunday (8/18/13) at noon. We also both loved the idea of an hour boat cruise that would hold all our guests! I told Ruth the two musts for my wedding were the zip line and the boat cruise so make sure those can happen and I will be thrilled. I really didn't care what was going to be served for food, I don't remember weddings I have been to the food that was served, I remember the fun the laughter and the people! I have to say the chicken was great! The food I was impressed by! Ruth had offered some ideas for me as the bride and having to zip line into the ceremony I would have to wear a harness, I choose to wear shorts with bride tank and veil on zipline, I set up curtains next to the end of the zip line where I could get my dress on. I did not want a big hard to get into wedding dress, so this may not work for some ladies, but with my dress being easy to get on it worked for me. The set up was perfect, there are trees around the end of the zip line so you have a place to walk out of without being right there for all the guests to see. The chairs for the ceremony were set up to face the water, where we were zip lining over. Where the zip line starts is across the water so you are "hidden" from the guests! (We told a few who needed to know that we were zip lining but was a surprise to our guests) the DJ announced for people to look and in came the Groom with his father! I could hear the cheers from up in the trees! It was AMAZING! Point Sebago did make a video of our unique entrance and we signed the consent and we were able to have this amazing beautiful video of us. Without that we would not have captured that side of the ceremony! The behind the scenes look! I cannot express my gratitude in words for the Summitt Crew (zip line company) and all at Point Sebago for making our day so perfect! (I did have some unplanned things come up like all weddings have but NOTHING was due to Point Sebago they provided everything and then some!) I did take a "risk" well it was more unplanned where Point Sebago required a certain number of nights for a future reservation and we already had "honeymoon" planned Ruth did say that we can call a few weeks prior and see if they had any avail park homes. This is a big risk they do book up fast in the peek season and August was peek season. I feel the universe worked for us and when I did some planning and realized if I stayed at Point Sebago it would help me with timing for setting up (I wanted to set up since no one else knew what my vision was) I live about an hour from Point Sebago so I would have an issue of where to get ready. I did luck out and booked night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. I was impressed by the Park homes there they have a kitchen and AC they have decks with a picnic table (well one we were in and all the ones I took notice to did too) Only not super aspect was the bed in the bedroom was not easy for me to sleep on. I do have MS so I know my body is super sensitive to things. I was impressed by how clean the place was including the mattress. I did bring my own sheets and blankets (you can get package at PS) I have nothing negative to say about Point Sebago both the stay there and also the wedding I highly highly recommend. I know my wedding is not the dream wedding for every couple but for us it was PERFECT! I have only heard amazing things from our friends and family about the day! Even my mother, who dislikes outdoors, beaches, water, boats, she said it was a beautiful fun day! That right there speaks volumes! I say it doesnt hurt to check the place out and see if it is a place for you. I dont think the pictures you find online do it justice at all. It is beautiful! I had no idea how much they offer. Appears it is a great place to go if you have kids they do have plenty to do for them! Thank you Point Sebago all the "behind the scenes crew" who helped and most of all Ruth York who made this day come together!!!!!

Room Tip: I am calling the beach and water the swimming pool! and the room service is what I am rating as the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We recently held our 75th birthday party here and it was more than fabulous! We were a party of 27 and we took the Island Lodge and 3 adjoining cottages. Donald Toms and Ruth York were instrumental in assisting us with our rather extensive plans. They were always there for us!! The Lodge is a fabulous accommodation with spacious rooms including two full kitchens, three living areas, 6 bedrooms and a huge "bunk" room. Not one of the 27 attendees could find anything to com[plain about....and that's extremely rare! The staff were just a phone call away and were most delightful to have around. Would we go there again? YOU BET WE WOULD!!!
High praises and thank you's to everyone at Point Sebago resort!

Room Tip: Any room is fine!!!
Reviewed 1 August 2013

made reservation I never received an invoice, when we got there she started charging us for extra people and tax which was not in my total that she gave me over the phone when I made the reservation, when you make a reservation somewhere and they tell you what the total is the total should be the total amount not when you get there you start adding stuff on. Resort I don't think so, this place nickles and dimes you for absolutely everything! we went to one of the restaurants the waitress spilled my sisters food / salad dressing all over my husband and in his drink , so we asked for another drink .can you believe she bring it back two thirds full because she said he had already drank two thirds of it ! all in all the only reason this was a good vacation was because we had a good time with family . also the lady at the boat rental place is downright rude to several members of my family at different times . needless to say there is no value or service for the money and we will not be going back

5  Thank CRUISECHICK32
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

First time going to point sebago. Great place for the kids. Many activities. The food was horrible. Other family members ranted about the restaurant a month before. When I asked for the kitchen manager a very rude young man came out refusing to listen to my complaints. Safe to say problem not cured. The inexperienced kitchen manager should be let go. Very rude and could use bedroom manors! Money not well spent on terrible food and service.

6  Thank tinabrown7669
Reviewed 20 July 2013

A wonderful spot for a perfect family vacation. Friendly helpful staff. A special shout out to scot. Duncan who helped me out when I got lost! We thought the beach was lovely and for kids there was lots to do. Bring the whole family
Close to restaurants

1  Thank Atirsnib
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casco
Hampton Inn Oxford
Poland Spring Resort
Poland Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Windham

Been to Point Sebago? Share your experiences!