“OK campground. But Vary small and Horrible staff!”

Sebago Lake State Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Casco
Reviewed 13 July 2014

To start off with the campground: It is extremely crowded and the campsites vary small. But fairly well kept and has a decent shower room, Bathroom, And a small beach that is maintained. there is also a good sized playground fore kids and a beach volleyball net.

As fore the Staff: First off. I want to say that I have been to campgrounds ware other campers ruined our experience with late night partying and over drinking and making it a dangerous place fore the other vacationers. So I understand why staff members sometimes need to be firm to maintain a camp sight. However, The Staff at Sebago made it feel more like we were in a prison camp rather then a vacation spot. They were vary rude and micro manged everything. I cant really say I had a moment ware I enjoyed having them around. But there are a few experiences I want to personally share

First off: One of the staff members gave my friend a hard time because his boat wasn't close enough to our sight. So he moved it. Then another staff member told him he needed to move it to the boat trailer sight....Which would have been fine. But it would have been nice to know we had to movie it there the first time. Lol! Also, Had they been nicer about it. It would have been such a big deal.

2nd:Quiet time is at 10:00. Me and a few other friends at other campsites met. We were siting around the campfire. We were laughing and having a good time without being to over the top as there were family's in our group. However, We got yelled at 10:01 because it was quiet time and we were being to loud. We didn't challenge her and whispered for the rest of the night. The next morning the same lady came again and gave us a hard time and warned us not to repeat last night s experience! After night fell. Our group met at the same place again. This time keeping our voices down. Everything went fine. Until 3 staff members arrived at our campsite and told us that they didn't like us congregating past 10:00 and asked us to leave and go to our tents. At this point I was boiling! But I grudgingly returned to my tent and called it a night as I was leaving the next day.

There were also a number of problems we had with the staff. But though were the only experiences I wanted to share. All I can add is that they were really young and didn't seem properly trained. And this may mean that things will get better over time

Overall I had a good time with good friends in spite of the campsite. And I would have given it an Average review had the staff not been so rude to us the inter trip. However, because of the experience we had with them. I'm going to give this place a terrible rating. And unless things change. I would strongly recommend avoiding this Sebago Lake State park and spending yore time and money elsewhere.

5  Thank Kyle B

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The facilitys are good but they allow wild ducks to swim in the swimming area. They caused my family to get duck itch. It causes redness and itches. Otherwise the place is nice

2  Thank Elaharndro
Reviewed 2 September 2013

From what I can remember it was great day out, we rented a boat, got really really drunk, had a wee party, and would go back straight away just to remember what happenend

1  Thank Wemyss0607
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Aside from the tourist fee we were charged to enter the State Park (may not have been so painful if we were not 21 people!), everything else was great!

We found 2 picnic tables right next to each other halfway between the playground and the beach and set up for the day. The spot was shady and we had a nice breeze to keep us cool. We brought lunch, drinks and camping chairs and had plenty of room to relax and spread out.
Ordered a few bags of ice from the snack stand (snack staff were courteous and helpful) and we began our day!

The beach was clean, although in its natural condition, it was filled with branches, rocks and roots. The water had a bit of a swell to it on the day we visited and that added to the fun. The swimming area was roped off to protect the swimmers from boats and slowly dropped to about 7 feet deep at the ropes. the water was clean and the waves were refreshing. Next time ....and we will return next year...we will bring some tubes for floating! And let me not forget to mention the VIEW! The vastness of the lake and her surrounding trees and mountains made a breathtaking backdrop!

The playground was nice and large with new play equipment. Our little ones really enjoyed themselves here and our perfect seating allowed for them to play while we sat at the tables and watched.

Some of the men ventured to the snack stand for an old fashion "red" Maine hot dog, which they said was a good as they remembered from childhood!
There are also tent camp sites, outdoor party facilities-which include covered areas and a wet kitchen, and bathhouse/washroom facilities. The bathrooms by the beach area were a little dirty but the facilities along the paths shared by the group sites and campers were immaculate!

Sebago Lake State Park is a highly recommended day trip, and I would most definitely camp there if we were tent campers....The views from the campsites along the water yielded the same beautiful views as the beach!

3  Thank TheBestIsYetToCome