“Nice Family Owned Motel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cornish
Midway Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cornish
Helsinki
“Nice Family Owned Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was the first hotel/motel/lodge we stayed in on our 73 day bicycle trip across america. This motel ranks as one of the best we stayed in anywhere in the country. It is family owned and well cared for. This is a hidden gem. I'd recommend this little motel to my closest friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ken G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Midway was recommended to me by friends who live in this small yet beautiful town. My first visit to Maine and stay at the Midway (10 days) was fantastic. They accommodated my late night arrival (11pm), always made sure I had what I needed and were so welcoming. I went back 2 months later to stay another 10 nights and they were just as wonderful. The staff there is incredibly competent and make you feel right at home. The rooms are well kept and clean. It was nice to go back a third time in one year for another 10 nights and find that they treated me like family from the start.

Every room I have stayed in there was wonderful. Both Ron and Eileen (the owners) are the perfect people to run the lodging and have picked the perfect staff. I couldn't ask for anything better.

The housekeeping staff keeps the rooms impeccably clean and in order. They were very respectful of not trying to clean my room while I was in there. They ALWAYS waited until I was out and about for the day.

Internet is available at no charge, the coffee makers and fridges in the rooms, and microwaves made each of my stays worry free.

I highly recommend the Midway Country Lodging for any length of stay.

Thank you Ron and Eileen for making my visits to Maine so easy. I can't wait to move there now in March of 2013. you were my first impression of the state and needless to say ~ I couldn't stay away. I will be back to visit again, if only to say hi (since I will have my own place the next time I come to maine).

Room Tip: All rooms are equally wonderful. Although, the rooms upstairs with the balconies are larger, each o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Lori E
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed there for a weekend with my family as a get away.... the pack and play I had set up for my daughter got broke, I called the front office, and asked if they had any cribs, much to my pleasant surprised I had 2 options, I could use a pack and play that they had on-site, or I could use child guard rails.. I chose to use the guard rails, and they were perfect, Long, and netted ( not having to worry about my baby smothering ) and they were also sturdy..Also they had iron boards availiable, so that I could iron my husbands dress shirt.. I will always always come back to the midway..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Sarah J
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I have stayed the the Midway and found it simply charming. The first impression on arriving is of the nicely landscaped grounds. The reception area is small but cozy and the reception from the owners was warm and friendly. The room was neat and clean and decorated with country charm. The terrace by the pool has fantastic views of Maine mountains. I especially liked the colorful flower bed with music speakers disguised as rocks! The motel is an easy ride to nearby Cornish with its little shops. Within walking distance are some restaurants and some shops. We enjoyed our stay at the Midway and will return, maybe for fall foliage viewing. A definite recommend!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank FmSoares
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

we have been coming to the midway since 2002 and have always felt right at home , we have stayed in just about every room they have and have always been comfortable . each room is different in it's own way . all rooms come with it's own fridge , coffee maker , and microwave which is very convenient when traveling with children . we have visited the midway during all the seasons and the views of the mountains are beautiful especially by the pool . the owners were wonderful making sure we knew where to go for a great meal , morning noon or night. i recommend the midway to everyone i know . we are planning another trip back there in october , can't wait .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank destiny m
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

we have stayed here several times as we have family here. Ron & Eileen have alway been very friendly & always mde us feel at home. There are phones, microwave/fridge, coffee maker in every room. Beautiful flowers & views a pool & much more!

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank sunni2infl
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

A great experience overall. Very relaxing place to stay in a beautiful town, especially coming from the hustle and bustle of Hartford CT. Our family loved it. Rooms were great, very clean and everyone at the Midway was very friendly. Eileen and Ron were great hosts! We will definitely vacation in Cornish again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
19 Thank Anthony L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cornish
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 2 in Ossipee
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Windham
Purity Spring Resort
Purity Spring Resort
#1 of 1 in Madison

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!