“Cute and rustic,Needs and Update”
Review of The Cornish Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cornish
The Cornish Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Cornish B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The B&B is cute, it's rustic, but it's also kind of run down. The bed was not comfortable, the furniture was worn (and not just in a good antique way) and the floors are tilting. The towels they give you are tiny and the lighting is terrible. This place has great service and so much potential it just really needs some work. I guess there isn't much competition in the area so they get away with having less than amazing accommodations. I am not a person who needs luxury when I travel but this place was somewhat disappointing for what we paid for it.

Room Tip: Some rooms are much nicer than others - check with them about what is in your room and how big it is...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy O

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I first reviewed the Cornish Inn a couple of years ago, and noted that it was less quiet than I like. I have stayed there a bunch more times and the noise has never been an issue again. I am often staying there when I visit family near by. I have some of the best night's sleeps there. On my last stay there were a lot of people there with a wedding party and lots of kids. The carpeting on the stairs and in the hallway is so thick that I have no idea when any of them arrived back at the inn because I slept through their arrival.

The rooms are very dear and always spotlessly clean. The coffee and breakfast things in the lobby are very nice in the morning, and the porch is a great place to sit in the evening with a glass of wine from the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ElleMeno
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had a wonderful time last weekend at the Cornish Inn. The old building is spacious and
charming, with a wraparound porch that invites relaxed conversation. There was three generations of us, with many varying needs. Our hosts, Heidi and Richard, could not have been more accomodating. Dinner at the restaurant both nights was outstanding. Will plan to stay here again when we're in Maine, even if we have go out of our way!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CountryMouse496
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This place was wonderful! The rooms were cozy and the staff was so friendly. They didn't mind at all that we stayed the following day past checkout and worked all day in the lobby. It's a charming little inn and if you're in the area you should definitely stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaime w
Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a pleasant surprise. I picked this Inn because it was halfway from Portland to the mountains and it had a restaurant. I didn't want to look for a place to eat after traveling all day. Wow, the food was fantastic, the accommodations were charming and the inn keepers were so welcoming. It is located in a quaint little town full of antiques shops. What a great getaway for the weekend or could be perfect for any special event. They have 16 rooms to provide for a large party and can serve fantastic food for the occasion. We hope to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NY2Boulder
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Great country inn! This was our third visit as we use it for a base to go to concerts at the nearby Stone Mountain Arts Center, as well as to explore local environs, and occasionally poke through the many antique stores

Always clean, nicely appointed and very comfortable. Heidi always makes us feel welcome!

In the morning you can count on a carafe of great coffee along with bowls of yogurt and fresh fruit, and most recently, some lovely grilled blueberry bread.

Looking forward to our next visit!

By the way, there is no regular TV (instead there is a VHS player/tv and some assorted movies in the room). Not a problem for us, but may be for others.

Room Tip: Room 2 is on second floor, in the front so you pick up some road noise, maybe more of an issue durin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

International visitors ,or others from afar, who wish to get slightly off the beaten track and get a real flavour of New England will love this place.Midway between the White Mountains in New Hampshire(32 miles) and the Maine coast(40miles), there is a lot to explore locally. I grew up in Massachusetts but have now lived in Britain for 30 years. When catching up with old friends who have moved to area , my husband and I have dined at the Cornish Inn twice -this month and in 2010.. This early 1800's inn has been well cared for ,updated for comfort but crucially has kept so much of the character that many other such inns have lost in their remakes. I don't tend to write reviews but both visits gave me the sense that I was dining at one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to .The food is wonderful: fresh ingredients creatively prepared by the owner chef who really knows how to innovate while bringing out the best in each food. The tripadviser site with other restaurant reviews is worth checking. We didn't stay overnight although we saw the main areas of this beautiful inn.
. Cornish has interesting small shops, is near the Saco river (watersports),and has good local hiking 20-30 minutes away..I think its website understates its attractions,-unlike many places I think the real place is better than its online portrayal. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RebeccaDorset

Been to The Cornish Inn? Share your experiences!