“Great place to eat and enjoy the outdoors”

Schooner Landing Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just that ! It's a place to eat rather than dine. Dine at the Ritz, eat at the Schooner and enjoy the atmosphere. The food is pretty good and location is super. Last visit was clams and linguine. Very very good. The price is certainly right and the location on the Damariscotta River is wonderful. Lighten up those who expect to 'dine' in some sterile/pristine environment.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm not sure why this place has gotten such bad reviews. Perhaps during the height of tourist season, the service and food deteriorate. My husband and I stopped in there for an early dinner on June 17th. The view from the deck was great! Our server quickly took our drink orders and returned with them promptly. When we asked her a few questions about menu items, she admitted that she was new---she quickly went and found the answers and returned to take our orders. I had fried Maine shrimp while my husband opted for lobster stew and scallops in white wine sauce. My requests for more lemon wedges and more wine were handled promptly and our server was attentive but not pushy. The food was very good, generously portioned, and reasonably priced. There may be better restaurants in the area, but we really enjoyed this one.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The view is outstanding, service is Ok,
I always get either oysters on the half-shell or oyster stew.
They have an oyster farm right there and Damariscotta oysters are some of the best in the country.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Coffee was lame and cold, when order arrived fries were slightly warm and ancient, my wife during our meal was nearly cut twice by several cocktails sticks that were used to hold a taco together instead of the appropriate sticks...
I wasn't able to use the washroom ( one that I saw ) as it was always busy. The waiter to give him credit offered to get the owner and I declined telling him that it was too little too late and that from what i saw he didn't really care. What I do in these situations is simply not to go back. Anyone that used empty six pack cartons to hold condiments isnt being arty or trendy or imaginative... they are just plain tight, and if they are cutting costs there then god only knows where else they are. Not impressed. if your paying by credit card they hand you a clothes peg and your bill....to which you slip your card into it.. really rustic... not.

2  Thank Review man x
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and son and I ate there and the food was yucky. The fires were so cold and so dry that when you broke them in two pieces they were hollow with dried bits of potato in them. We could not eat them and they charged extra for them.

Then came my tacos and to my shock I took a bite and almost speared my mouth with these broken bamboo kabob spears they used in the taco, hidden and sideways. it jabbed the inside of my mouth and could have poked through my cheek flesh. I alerted the waiter on how dangerous this was as you could not see them. There were 4 in total, not sure why they were even there anyway. Really bad idea. Tacos were gross, shrimp tacos with coleslaw and salsa???? and they gave my cilantro mayo to go with it! ummm okay. Nasty!

We were served coffee that was cold and they gave us milk (no cream) in a disposable plastic cup. That was another 2.00 a pop we could not even drink it.

The bill came to us, 44.00 for lunch for 3 people. 1 burger, 2 coffees, 1 coke, 1 chicken sandwich and 2 tacos. 2 fries. the only thing decent was the burger my son said, hubby said chicken sandwich was okay my tacos I ate, weird and all because I was hungry.

Typical tourist spot where customers are seasonal do not come back and they really do not care.

1  Thank Shari R