Lake Pemaquid Campground
Wiscasset Woods Lodge(Wiscasset)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$110
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$124
Seagate Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
US$1,089
  • Breakfast included
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$100
Boothbay Harbor Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$120
Linekin Bay Resort(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$190
US$217
Fisherman's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$142
Hotels.com
Cap'n Fish's Waterfront Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$108
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$153
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The only thing we liked about this campground was the zip line for the kids. Unfortunately the boozing and smoking at the zip line due to the band area was horrible! Our site was up a cliff so far from the bathroom and when the band let out at 12, the campground was loud and full of drunks driving around. The kids game room is covered in gum. Literally the entire building is all chewed gum. So gross and very unsanitary. Go to acres of wildlife for a try family campground because this one was awful and we couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank Kaisley M
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We only go there because of other family who like it for thier boys. Once my brother's boys are old enough and loose interest we are going to go to one of Maine's smaller camgrounds in the area. This camground is huge and very crowded. Site rental policy stinks, no allegience to long term renters. Customer service at rental office is poor. Teens run at night and steal your alchol from your campsite at night. Professional security is lacking here.

If you don't reserve your site by the close of business on Thursdays another family can steal your site even if you have been staying there for years. That's what happened to us, had been on the same site for 5 years and forgot to reserve it by the dead line and they gave it to another family that leave trash on their site when they leave and are noisey. The mega corporation campground doesn't care about the long term respectiable types who leave their campsite better than than they find it. They do not come around and clean up the sites before the next person comes in. You have to do that yourself. Also they do not seem to pick up all the discarded trash along the roads etc... I often pick up disgard trash as I walk to the bath house and store. Also there are no hooks to hang your things in the bath houses and most of the times its very wet on the counters and the ventalation is poor. There are plenty of activities for kids and some adult stuff to do. It's also close to the ocean and shopping which is good. The lake is nice to kayak on, boat or fish. The snack and ice cream bar is good and the camps store is well stocked. Again I'm not happy that they seem to care more about your money than service to you and keeping their long term customer's satisfied.

5  Thank Coastie1987
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked two sites, side by side, approximately one month in advance. We have a pop up while the other family we were with has a 27 foot tow behind camper. I had never been to the campground before, but live in Maine, and it had been recommended to my husband and I by many people. We had heard, "it's a great place to go with kids." We have camped at many places in Maine. We have a 3 yr old, and were with a family with 3 kids with age spans of 3-9. I spoke with a staff member fairly extensively on the phone, explaining what kind of sites we were looking for. (Private, wooded, fairly quiet, and not too far from the bathroom.) We decided on 765 and 766, based on the staff member's feedback, availability, and viewing the map. I have never felt so disappointed driving up to a campsite before. I kept repeating to my husband, "this can't be it." If you have never been to this campground, to see our site picture complete openness, gravelly dirt and rocks, and so little space that I honestly could not tell where our site started and the neighbor's site began. It is directly across from the ball field, which is accurate on the map, however the remainder of the map is really off in scale and accuracy. We had tenting neighbors with two small children on one side. The other side of us was the family that we booked with. I do not intend for my next comments to come across as judgmental, but our tenting neighbors were openly drinking large amounts of moonshine, as stated by them, until late. That would not matter to us if their youngest child (less than 1 yr old) had not continuously woken up during the wee morning hours screaming, with no one attending to her. I completely understand having a baby that wakes up in the night, but you can't go to bed so drunk that you can't attend to the baby when it needs you, especially when you're in a tent, literally 8 feet away from strangers. I don't believe letting your baby cry nonstop for more than 30 min periods intermittently throughout the night, at a campground, is considerate or intelligent. Our 3 year old was woken up multiple times, as were my husband and I. The bad neighbors only intensified our dislike for our site and overall experience, and increased my disappointment in the poor description of the site. The pool was okay, and the playgrounds were cute. Our 3 yr old was too young for most of the playground stuff, because there are too many teenagers and tweens who play roughly and unattended. The lake was not as expected as it was mucky and rocky, which usually don't go together, but it is. Based on our site, seeing how tightly compacted all the sites are, the extreme amount of drinking everywhere (and we like to have a few too, just not 15 each), we would never go back. There are plenty of other great places to bring your family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank Serica M
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am so surprised by all of the negative reviews for this campground. I have been camping here every year for the past 27 years. We've taken our daughter for the past 3 seasons now. We just returned from a trip this past weekend. The campground was quiet. The night of the dance- Saturday night- was a bit louder but nothing wild. Our daughter is 2 1/2 and slept like a rock through the whole weekend and she's a light sleeper! This place is meant for families. There is so much to do with your kids- from rentals of paddle boats, motor boats, kayaks, water bikes, etc to weekend hayrides (that are SO SO SO much fun), mini golf, a pool and jacuzzis, a GORGEOUS lake that stretches on forever, multiple docks to swim from and a beach for the kids (the beach is smaller than it used to be but you don't have to rent a beach-front site to use all of it- you just walk down the beach and use it). There are weekly movie nights for the kids, rainy movie nights in case the weather is poor, DJ dances, country dances, children's singers (like Rick Charette), a train ride for the kids, an arcade, etc etc etc. There is SO much to do for families.

4  Thank groovytmoney
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Arrived at the gate to register, signs said "stay right to register", but the only place to stop was in front of other campsite entrances. Registered and paid the 10$ deposit for the entrance card (which i did not expect). Arrived at our site up on the hill to find a bag of trash that was torn open and several trash item around the site. We rented a row boat the first day and a motor boat the second , paid deposits for both, like the entrance card, on our credit card, then was informed they could not refund the deposit onto the credit card...had to give cash back. I was looking forward to swimming on the beach, only to see the beach was accessed by a small area , the rest was only accessible if you rented the site on the beach. The bathrooms were clean, the store had all the necessities, the younger staff were pleasant, they had free wifi and were dog friendly. I have mixed feelings about this place....not sure id go back as a first choice. Probably a great place for families with kids.

3  Thank Islandgal1973