“One of my favorite sandwich shops”

S. Fernald's Country Store and Deli
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Houlton, Maine
“One of my favorite sandwich shops”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My family has been going to S. Fernald's pretty much since it opened, and I have always loved it. A few months a go my dad and I did have a really bad experience with a sandwich messup and terrible service from one of the workers, but other than that S. Fernald's has always been great. I love the unique atmosphere along with the yummy sandwiches.

Toms River, New Jersey
“Yikes!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

You'll have to travel a little further, unless you're at home, to find a friendly staff, wonderful selection of sandwiches ( takes a few minutes to peruse the selection) and combos that would match any great deli! You'll like it without a doubt.

Visited July 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I visited the store Sunday for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly atmosphere when I arrived. We ordered our meal, which was veggie chili and salad. The portions were huge!!!! I was also very pleased they did not use ice-burg lettuce in their salads. We could have ordered sandwiches, and even breakfast. I wanted to add they offer gluten free items at this deli as well. We ate overlooking the busy street, which allowed us to have a small view of the river. After our meal we browsed the selection of Moxie souvenirs, and dessert items. The only drawback to this deli is it only accepts cash.

Visited July 2014
plymouth, ma
“Great spot”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We love this place. Every time we are in Maine at our nearby cottage we make sure we go to Fernald's country store for breakfast or lunch and sometimes both. We love their homemade muffins, sticky buns, breakfast choices and their sandwiches. We have tried many of their sandwiches and they use top quality ingredients and they are always fresh, great breads, and are delicious. When we are heading back to Mass. we get sandwiches TO GO for the road.

• Visited June 2014
Jefferson, Maine
“Big price tag for a sandwich!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

First time customer, I ordered the Dagwood it was really good but pricey! Small little spot on the Damariscotta River. Cozy and inviting.

• Visited June 2014