“Yummiest sandwiches around”

Metcalf's Submarine Sandwiches
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Have never been disappointed with a sandwich since it has become Metcalfs - and the baked goods are terrific.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have eaten here numerous times. Mostly to go when paddling or needing a quick bite. They have a very good menu with a large selection of "submarine sandwiches and panini's. I prefer their panini's to the "subs". The meatballs I find to be dry and a bit tasteless. If you want a quick bite at a fair price and "safe" average food stop in.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Looking for a quick healthy lunch we found what we needed. The bread and toppings were fresh accompanied by an interesting selection of beverages

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Slightly better than convience store food at triple the price. Very average food for above average price. Too many competitors offer more for less.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Staying up for the summer and I found Metcalfs in the back parking lot. Wow I've had some great sandwiches there. I haven't picked a favorite yet, I'm actually eating my way through the menu. Love the view as I enjoy each. Prices were good and the sandwiches are huge! Bring your appetite!