“about its wine club dinners”

Damariscotta River Grill
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brunswick, Maine
“about its wine club dinners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

the River Grill is fine, so I hear - I attend its monthly wine dinners, and they are excellent. Selected wines and innovative cuisine. The chef goes to special lengths, and it pays off - there is a waiting list to join the wine club. I do know that many of the excellent wines quaffed by the club are on the restaurant's regular wine list. Pics here are of the entries at a recent club dinner.

• Visited April 2013

Friendship, Maine
“SUPERIOR EASTER DINNER WITH A GREAT VIEW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We decided to not cook Easter dinner at home this year...so we and two friends thought to eat at Damariscotta River Grill. We had all eaten here many times in the past...but it had been about a year since our last visit.
We had never been seated in their back room with a view of the river. To enter the room, one must enter through the kitchen. I felt very much like when having dinner at The Culinary Institute of America in Napa Valley where you have a view of the kitchen and the chefs, cooks and servers at all times. Kitchen noise always makes me feel confident in the quality of the meal.
The back room is well-lighted and comfortable. I was hard pressed not to have the delicious mussels or extraordinary potato pancakes...but decided to have a more conventional Easter meal.
Our group of 4 had baked haddock, lamb and 2 orders of roast pork. Each of us really enjoyed the meal very much. I had the pork loin which was perfectly crusted and stuffed with cranberries, apples and a little cheese, served with tossed fresh carrots, peppers, mushrooms and broccoli, a smashed potato.....wonderful.
Drinks before dinner were just acceptable. Service was good and non-invasive. Left us all wondering why we had waited so long to return.

Damariscotta, Maine
“Damariscotta Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Great food and great wine in the heart of Damariscotta. During the off season they feature Winey Wednesdays, a selection of wines to accompany your meal for only $10!

Visited March 2013
midsouth USA
“one of best hamburgers I've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I was taken to Damariscotta River Grill by local Maine friends when I was visiting. Location is pictoresque, waitress was fine, hamburger was one of best I have ever had. Would love to go back to have another burger there. (I am 65 and have eaten a lot of burgers!)

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Can't go wrong here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Great atmosphere, friendly courteous servers, good eclectic innovative menu. Dining upstairs and down are equally good though I prefer upstairs. A little noisy. The art for sale on the walls is interesting and a value. The food can go from "the best I ever had" which was the Duck Confit Risotto (the risotto was amazing) to "okay but" as the seafood filet was served (more than once so I guess this is their way) with way too much butter. I'll go back and back again. I like this place. Reservations are necessary Friday and Saturday.