“Excellent meal in a noisy restaurant”

Damariscotta River Grill
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were a little put off by the hostess but are glad we stayed. The restaurant was busy and she seemed too flustered to handle it..kept 3 couples waiting while she reviewed the seating chart with a waitress without even acknowledging us. We wanted a drink at the bar before dinner. She was very short with us about not holding our table (of course, we wouldn't expect her to hold a table). I had to run upstairs to see of there was room at the bar. There was not so we took the table. Our waiter, Bill, was wonderful, attentive without being overbearing. The meal was excellent. I highly recommend the paella.
The room was very noisy, maybe because we were next to the hustle bustle of the kitchen. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our evening at the Damariscotta River Grill was very relaxing and enjoyable. The service was excellent and our waitress was very skilled while adding a charming personal touch to the dining experience. All of the food was very good although for the price, we felt that the portions should have been either a little bigger or included more of the highlighted features. I had the "Thai Seafood Stew" which was very tasty but only included 2 shrimp out of the list of fish from the description on the menu. My impression of what should be included in a "stew," that amount was very disappointing.

Overall, a great experience!

1  Thank Suzhart
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love this restaurant! As I go to Damariscotta frequently, I am always looking for good restaurants. This one is consistently awesome. I love the barbecued shrimp appetizer and their daily specials are always good. The wine list is extensive with lots of reasonable choices. I make a point of a meal at the Grill when I am in town!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, wildly delicious dinners and desert- chocolate torte and blueberry sage sorbet. Reasonably priced. Fantastic blueberry soda.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This summer finds us relying on the River Grill for reliably yummy food before or after arts events like the theater across the street. Sharon's wine list is as good as usual, with Riedel wine glasses enhancing the experience. Staff knows their jobs and will get you out the door if your time is limited. Try the thinly sliced steak salad.