“Happy hour”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Perfect place for a quick bite. They had Great prices! 4 ladies shared 4 apps. Each paid $7!
We had the BBQ shrimp, spinach crepes, artichoke dip & latkes.
Margarita was delish too!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We cam by at 8:45pm this evening and were warmly welcomed by the hostess who sat us upstairs. I had the clam chowder and BBQ shrimp, my husband had chowder and the special rib eye and out son had the roasted red pepper soup and panko chicken with jasmine rice. Everything was delicious and well prepared. It was a very nice meal and the service was very friendly. It was great they were opened later than most restaurants (which seem to close around 8). I like this restaurant, especially if you want a break from the fabulous Maine seafood restaurants. BTW, we did not have a reservation and no now was mad at us. They must have fired "Bev" - LOL - that other diners complained about, or they retrained her. I don't know, but we had a good time and the food was fresh and excellent.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were a little put off by the hostess but are glad we stayed. The restaurant was busy and she seemed too flustered to handle it..kept 3 couples waiting while she reviewed the seating chart with a waitress without even acknowledging us. We wanted a drink at the bar before dinner. She was very short with us about not holding our table (of course, we wouldn't expect her to hold a table). I had to run upstairs to see of there was room at the bar. There was not so we took the table. Our waiter, Bill, was wonderful, attentive without being overbearing. The meal was excellent. I highly recommend the paella.
The room was very noisy, maybe because we were next to the hustle bustle of the kitchen. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our evening at the Damariscotta River Grill was very relaxing and enjoyable. The service was excellent and our waitress was very skilled while adding a charming personal touch to the dining experience. All of the food was very good although for the price, we felt that the portions should have been either a little bigger or included more of the highlighted features. I had the "Thai Seafood Stew" which was very tasty but only included 2 shrimp out of the list of fish from the description on the menu. My impression of what should be included in a "stew," that amount was very disappointing.

Overall, a great experience!

1  Thank Suzhart
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I love this restaurant! As I go to Damariscotta frequently, I am always looking for good restaurants. This one is consistently awesome. I love the barbecued shrimp appetizer and their daily specials are always good. The wine list is extensive with lots of reasonable choices. I make a point of a meal at the Grill when I am in town!