“Great Lobster Rolls”

Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Reopening May 1, 2017. Seasonal Takeout Specialties include lobster and crab rolls, burgers, dogs and grilled chicken. Casual and affordable Outside seating at picnic tables
Reviewed 19 July 2013

On the recommendation of our Innkeepers, we tried Larson's for lobster rolls and crabmeat rolls. A great choice. All lobster, no filler. There's a reason all the locals know about this spot.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I have been familiar with Damariscotta & spent loads of time there since the mid 60's & never went to Larson's because of my mother . Though it seemed popular with the locals she always said " They have no running water . How do they wash their hands? "
Well, they've had running water for a number of years now .
Just a few weeks ago on a whim my husband & I said let's get a lobster roll at Larson's !
Although it is shocking to hand over $32. + for two sandwiches , they were great ! The most generous & tender lobster roll we've had since Eastport ( where they are the best ).
I do wish they would switch from the curious choice of olive oil to a great tasting local butter on the roll .Nothing compliments lobster better than a great buttered & grilled roll. I would have liked a good dill pickle , chips or coleslaw thrown in for the price.
We look forward to trying the great looking burgers & dogs too .
Very nice lady took our order . Only take out or picnic tables .

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Superb food with friendly service. I especially love their haddock chowda!
Too bad the nice outdoor canopied picnic tables don't have much of a view but don't let that dissuade you from treating yourself. I'm addicted!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

WOW!! I never had lobster salad as good as Larson's!! I think the lobster jumped right out of the sea onto my sandwich!! This must be the best kept secret around.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

the people there are very nice however I wasn't moved by the food, which I felt was no more than OK. Lunch Box it is, for those of who remember from the 50's 60's and early 70's. Just was not expecting it to be so lunch box-ish! the menu is OK but the dogs seemed expensive especially after you add all the condiments. I didn't taste the dogs but they weren't Nathan's.