“A wonderful experience”
Review of Pilgrim's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Deer Isle
Pilgrim's Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Deer Isle B&B and Inns
New York
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2007

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Pilgrim's Inn. Tina and Tony are good folk. They make you feel welcome and are available all day. Have a drink in the bar and enjoy dinner - the meals we ate at the Inn were just right. The Inn is easy driving distance from galleries and some beautiful seascapes; the back roads to Castine were particularly charming.

• Liked — location; food
  • Disliked — public spaces can get crowded
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank ChipNH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
King of Prussia, PA
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Staying at Pilgrim's Inn was such a wonderful respite from the day to day routine. A simply gorgeous facility - outstanding food - wonderful accommodations - quiet, picturesque and such a delightful staff.

Up early each morning to take a constitutional through nearby Stonington - watching the lobstermen head out to check their pots. Sea gulls, loons - surely this must be heaven.

We will be back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
5 Thank WeBSeats
Toledo
Reviewed 25 June 2007

I booked this inn because it was the only facility in the area that could accommodate my family of 6. I was quite pleased with the very comfortable quarters. Dinner at the inn's restaurant was sumptuous and the included breakfast was delicious and beyond my expectations. The owners were very visible and frequently checked to see that we were comfortable. If I had known that this was such a wonderful inn I would have changed my itinerary to stay for more than 1 night.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank ToledoMike
ELGIN
Reviewed 25 June 2007

This is a delightful B&B. This beautifully well cared-for inn is in a lovely setting and has an excellent restaurant. Common rooms are warm and comfortable. One of the best B&Bs we've enjoyed. Afton and Rich Dancey

• Liked — Beautiful restored inn in a gorgeous setting.
  • Disliked — Nothing I didn't like.
  • Stayed June 2007
5 Thank ElginJeanne
new england
Reviewed 19 June 2007

We were married at the Inn a while ago under different owners, and returned recently with our young child. We stayed in Rosa Ragosa Cottage, which was nice because it was off the road so little road noise, but right next to the entrance for the pub/restaurant so we had to put up with loud conversations from other patrons and drinkers in the evenings (as well as afternoons). The Cottage building is shared by a storage shed which the staff/owners were accessing at all hours also, so we kept hearing bumps and bangs through the day and night, which was disconcerting. I was really disappointed with the decor of the cottage - sort of woodsy/camp style, and for 190 dollars a night, I was expecting something far less rustic. Also we didn't have a choice of another room, since it seems to be Inn policy to put anyone with small children into Rosa Ragosa Cottage (my sister-in-law and young family were relegated there during our wedding also). The current owners seem friendly, and I can't fault Tony's good intentions, but we never got our promised bottle of champagne for being returning guests who married there, and there was no instruction/introduction on how to work the stove (which was left burning on the 75 degree day we arrived) or lights and appliances. The worst thing of all is that the gift certificate to pay for the stay issued by the previous owners (which we were given as a wedding present by family who could ill afford to waste 400 or 500 dollars) has been disputed, and now the Inn's current owner Tina is questioning whether she will honor it, when she promised there would be no problem with it last year and this year when I called her to book our stay. I can not respect any businessperson who doesn't keep their word and am frankly outraged by this sort of behavior, which I plan to report to the Better Business Bureau, Yankee Magazine, and all the local and statewide papers if it doesn't go through. And worse, since we have family all over the area, we never would have stayed there if we hadn't had the gift certificate to use up. All I can say is, if you have lots of money, no kids, don't mind breakfasts which are far too rich, and don't mind missed details, then this is the place for you. Me, I'm sticking with my family and friends' spare bedrooms when I go Downeast.

• Liked — the water view
  • Disliked — the too rich food which made me sick, and the disputed gift certificate scenario
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank flygirlflutter
Innkeeper4, Owner at Pilgrim's Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2007
While the gift certificate mentioned by this guest was initially questioned by us because it had expired and was issued by a former owner of the business, it was honored after talking with the guest on the phone. The guest had mailed her expired certificate to us after her stay at the inn, and due to a miscommunication we did not realize that her certificate’s expiration date had been extended by us several months earlier, when the guest called to say that she would be unable to visit the inn before the expiration date. After discussing the issue with the guest on the phone, a credit was issued and a receipt and note sent in the mail with our apologies for the misunderstanding.

Regarding noise near the Rugosa Rose cottage, we no longer offer outdoor seating to restaurant guests and have reduced our restaurant hours in order to minimize the impact on our inn guests; we are also re-arranging our storage areas near this cottage to minimize the number of times staff enter the area.
Hamamatsu, Japan
Reviewed 17 June 2007

My husband and I stayed at Pilgrim's Inn on our honeymoon. The staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and most accommodating. Every charming detail of the Inn was designed for the guests' comfort. We also ate at the restaurant in the Inn and the food was excellent and reasonably priced. Even though our schedule only allowed us one night at Pilgrim's Inn, my husband and I wished that we could have stayed much longer!

• Liked — The cleanliness, friendly and knowledgeable staff, location, coziness
  • Disliked — small bathtub
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JKSakaki
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed 12 June 2007

My wife and I had a great time at a recent stay at the Pilgrims Inn. We stayed in the Rugosa Rose cottage and loved the fact that we had our own little comfortable base-camp. The cottage is extremely comfortable. The Inn itself has a distinctive charm and comfort. We found it very relaxing.
The owners and staff were underfoot constantly trying to ensure our every wish was met. They were all very knowledgable, professional, courteous, and genuinely friendly. We felt we were staying with dear old friends within 20 minutes of walking through the door.
The food was terrific. Tony Lawless and his staff put together some incredible meals! If you want FRESH seafood, you've got it. The simple touches in the meals, the service, and the restaurant decor were all subtle, yet distinctive.
The only regret we had was that we didn't take more time off. We could have spent weeks hiking, kayaking, sight-seeing, and still not touched all there is to do.
I highly recomend the Pilgrims Inn. We will be back, for many years!

Stayed June 2007
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Asticou Inn
Asticou Inn
#1 of 2 in Northeast Harbor

Been to Pilgrim's Inn? Share your experiences!