“Good Lamb Chops”

Whale's Rib Tavern
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Deer Isle
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kentucky
“Good Lamb Chops”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good selection, good presentation and really good food. Menus are new each Tuesday. When they run out of any entree, it's not on the next days menu. Good and fresh tasting fish.

Visited June 2014

Deer Isle, Maine
“Island cuisine”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Whales Rib is classy but also it is a very relaxing atmosphere. The building itself is comfortable, with the open -ceiling barn in the dining room and, quaint barroom. Whether you are there for the first time or for the twentieth, you're sure to feel the same...welcome.

• Visited May 2014
Purcell, OK
“I'm not sure what the big deal is”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The rustic atmosphere was nice with candles on the table; but the food was only average.

My wife and I were on the end run of northeast trip when my uncle took us to dinner here. We started dinner started with orders of muscles and oysters. They were much better than we get in our land-locked Midwest state. Because of the recommendation of my cousin, my wife and I both ordered the halibut. It was good, but just not much taste to it. The New England palette is so much more pastel than what I am accustom to.

Service was very good - our waitress kept up with our table quite well.

All in all it was okay. I would not go out of my way to eat here; but I might eat here if I was close.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LarAndGin
Brooklyn
“Make a reservation!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

While staying at the Pilgrim's Inn, we had a reservation for late Sunday. It was packed! I found the food and wine selection was very good. It looks like it's a local fave, so if you're planning on going, definitly book ahead!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Moll Y
New York City, New York
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at the Inn, which was generally fun, but one of the highlights was the Whale's Rib Tavern - excellent food prepared expertly in a warm, inviting setting. The service was also great and it was a decent value - highly recommended.

Visited August 2013