“THE place for good coffee.”
Review of 44 North Coffee

44 North Coffee
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Deer Isle
Description: It's a coffee shop.
Description: It's a coffee shop.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This place was recommended by the owners of the hostel where I was staying. When I go back to Deer Isle, this place will be my 'go to' coffee place. They have great coffee, locally roasted on the premises. It's Fair Trade coffee. Friendly staff, great decor. Drink it there or take out. Recommended!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

The owners were very enthusiastic about their different offerings and we loved their bold roast! They were a perfect example of Joseph Campbell's Follow Your Bliss.I know that their business will continue to grow. We put their window sticker on our car and many miles away, we met someone who was from Deer Isle Village.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

These gals have created a coffee-lover's oasis in Deer Isle. Excellent roasters who serve up the best brew east of Seattle! The shop is charming, and Megan and Melissa are, too. A must-visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My partner and I stopped by this place after reading numerous positive reviews regarding the quality of the coffee. We pulled up and were a bit apprehensive with the gentleman outside who asked if we were father/son or brothers. Fortunately for us, we did not jump in the car and drive off. We proceeded into the entryway where they had "express" service coffee payment via the honor system. Again, I was a bit concerned over the quality of the cup - but proceeded up the stairs to the retail shop. It was a bright, nicely done space with super pleasant employees who made an excellent lunch suggestion in Stonington. Best of all, they offer a variety of roasts - all of which are made via pour-over. It was by far the best cup of coffee I had during my trip to Maine. Hope to stop by again sometime!

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

It stand out from the outside, but if you crave good coffee, don't miss it. Great atmosphere, very friendly. They roast the coffee themselves. I usually prefer espresso based coffee and they don't do espresso, but honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell! You can choose he flavour and strength of your coffee.
Locally baked treats are nice, too.