Causeway Cottage
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in West Buckland
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewswarm welcomecakeperfect hostson arrivalb blovely gardenblackdown hillsguest sitting roombreakfast was deliciousset us up for the dayrelaxing place to staywonderful staynext morningspent two nightslovely placeevening mealexcellent accommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed three nights bed and breakfast and found it to be a peaceful idyll in a rural corner of Somerset, but convenient for the M5.

Could not fault the quality of the food and enjoyed Lesley's tea and home made cake in the garden under the apple tree.

Would certainly recommend Causeway Cottage unreservedly, and we hope to return in September.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have just spent 3 nights at Causeway Cottage in the green room which looks out onto the beautiful garden. Lesley and Robert are very welcoming; on arrival making us tea and homemade cake for us to sit and enjoy in the garden, which they did everyday when we returned from a day out. Breakfast was really tasty, all local produce and Lesley's homemade bread and preserves. They are so helpful, helping to plan our days out and routes to use. A fantastic place, its like home from home, one highly recommended and we hope to visit again sometime.

Room Tip: The green room has a beautiful view of the garden.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
hartbeespoort76, Owner at Causeway Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your review,we are so glad you enjoyed your stay at causeway cottage,and enjoyed the trips Robert suggested

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a most enjoyable stay in this delightful cottage. Its setting and gardens are idyllic and tranquil. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel at home and it really did feel like a home from home. We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every moment of it. Lesley and Robert are perfect hosts and Lesley's cooking is superb. We will certainly be returning in the future. This is an absolute gem!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My three night stay at Causeway Cottage was a delight from beginning to end . Lesley and Robert are the most welcoming hosts you could possibly meet and nothing is too much trouble from providing tea and delicious cake on returning from our outing's each day to informing us of places of specific interest to my friend and myself. As for breakfast and dinner it was all superb; delicious home made bread of different varieties, ample fruit and anything Lesley cooked was truly delicious. Lesley's cuisine was superb and, being a keen cook myself, I came home inspired with her own wonderful recipe books. The room was comfortable and very clean with a magnificent view of West Buckland church. I don't believe I could have a more enjoyable nor gastronomic stay anywhere else. I will definitely be returning to Causeway Cottage and will be recommending it to my friends .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I only stayed for one night owing to my dog having an overnight stay in the local specialist vet centre, but I'll be going again for longer. This is a beautiful house in a picturesque area and Lesley and Robert were the perfect hosts. My room was cosy and spotlessly clean and the bed was the best I have ever slept in. Breakfast was like a banquet and filled me up for the rest of the day. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo