The Brewster Inn
US$69
Priceline
Canaan Motel(Canaan)
US$108
Best Western White House Inn(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$81
US$128
TripAdvisor
Kyes Motel(Skowhegan)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshoneymoon suiteb bhot dishbed and breakfastother guestsliving roomenjoyed our staynew englandgreat hostsold housebreakfast was deliciousa wonderful place to stayeach morningpleasure of stayingmoosehead lakehome away from homecomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our Maine vacation took us inland to this lovely B&B. It was the summer home of the Governor of Maine, Owen Brewster. Harry Truman visited there once. Mark, the current owner is restoring this home to it's former glory, while offering a welcome stay to his guests. Breakfast was great, and I especially enjoyed the "hot" casserole served. We enjoyed speaking with the other guests and strolling around the property. Mark offers hospitality with a side of fun British wit! Our friends had never stayed at a B&B before and are now looking forward to their next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia O
BrewsterInn_Mark, Owner at The Brewster Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Hi Patricia
Thank you for staying here at the Brewster Inn. Hope to see you again in the future. Lots more good things been happening since you were here.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have been staying at the historic Brewster Inn for the past month and a half. I have found " the innkeeper", Mark, to be most gracious in meeting my needs. I am in transit awaiting a house closing and Mark has made my stay very relaxing in the "homey" enviornment the Inn has to offer. The rooms are clean, sheets and towels fresh and beds remarkably comfortable. Mark attends to the needs of his guests in every respect and has done a fantastic job of bringing back this historic property to its hayday. I have recommended the Brewster Inn to family and friends as a " must stay" place when they visit the Moosehead region of Maine. This is a wonderful place to stay! Dr. Patrick O'Neill

Room Tip: East side rooms have sun all day long.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Patrick O

Hi Patrick. It was great having you here for your extended stay. Good to see your all settled in the area in your new home and occupation too. My guest rooms are clean and the beds are incredibly comfortable, your right!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We enjoyed the drive from I-95 to Dexter to see the Brewster homestead, the lovely grounds, and to enjoy a pleasant stay - nice room, accommodating Innkeeper, comfortable lounge area, and a delicious hot breakfast in the morning in preparation for a busy day!

• Stayed: September 2013

DRM1997 Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your business very much and hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Brewster Inn on 9/4-9/5/13 and it was affordable enough for us both to have our own rooms (we had been sharing hotel rooms prior to this leg of our trip). I had chosen the Game Room and just walking into that room made me feel like I had entered into a history that was poignant and nostalgic. We had made plans to hike Gulf Hagas and I was secretly hoping for rain after seeing this room - it would be a perfect setting for reading and relaxing and truly having a 'vacation day'. It didn't rain and we hiked all day, which was another incredible event in itself. I left Dexter, ME with the thought that I will make this an annual trip that will be treasured and looked forward to. The hiking will be what draws me but the Game Room will be what keeps me coming back. Mark was a very accommodating host (he's kinda fun to tease too). He's has created a magical inn in my opinion and I will be so looking forward to next year.
Sherri B

Room Tip: The Game Room or the Honeymoon Suite are my favorites.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hi Sherri
I always try to give you good value for money here at the Brewster Inn. I don't do low, high and now PEAK season rates like a lot of accommodations do to get more and more money out of guests. I just keep my prices the same all year round and give you, my guests the best i can.
The Game room is indeed a wonderful room, so much history, ambiance and comfort. A wonderful choice. Hope to see you again later this year. Give me a call when your ready

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Brewster Inn in Dexter, Maine, is a delightful gem of a B & B. The proprietor, Mark, was very accommodating and helpful. My mother, daughter and I made the long trip from Franconia, New Hampshire, to Dexter in order to take a moose safari. Since we planned to arrive in the afternoon, about an hour before our safari, Mark made sure we were checked in, coordinated with our guide, he gave us directions to our guide's business, and made sure that we were able to find a good place to eat when we were finished with the safari and back in Dexter (which was about 8pm and we wouldn't have had a clue where to begin finding a place for dinner at that hour). The day was somewhat rushed but Mark made everything a lot easier for us. Breakfast consisted of a hot egg dish, fruit, breads and cereal, with tea and coffee available about an hour before breakfast (thank you Mark!!). Our rooms were comfortable, well-appointed and clean. The inn offers a handicapped accessible entrance and room (which I mention because it's the first I've ever seen in a B & B, and was one of the two we booked for the night). We had a lovely stay, although it was too short. We would highly recommend The Brewster Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hi Betsy. Here in small town Maine I think its always good to make sure guests have all the info they need whilst they are here, esp if doing an outdoors tour like moose,birds or wildlife or maybe going white water rafting so that they know where things are in the evening when they are (for example) looking for dinner. It isn't 24/7 open all hours around here and some really good places close at times some people might call "early" so its good for my guests to have that good useful info before they head out. If there's something they need while they are out exploring, i always like them to know they can just give me a call on the phone so i can help them whenever and where ever they may be. I hope to see you all again in the future so you can spend more time here next time