“Incredible Lobster Roll”

East Boothbay General Store
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Great house made sandwiches, pizza, selection of beers and wine; eat in on small porch or take away for a picnic.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was able to get mine on gluten free bread which made me very happy. Best seasoning and not soaking in mayonnaise. My only issue with the place is that there is no bathroom and there are young folks working who don't always have the best attitude. The chef makes it worth it to go. All food is take out although there are a few tables on a porch. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Smartinellicpa

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Smuggler's Inn (now the Sunset Bay Inn?) down the road from this store. It was a true gem to have in the area. After a while, I have to admit, I was tired of going out every night to eat. Although it fits the area, I also go a little tired of seafood every meal! This little store was a perfect place to grab a sandwich and sit on the balcony of my hotel room with a glass of wine that I got at the store, or grab a breakfast sandwich on the way to one of my many outdoor or shopping adventures.
Is it a little pricey? Maybe, but the food was great, the selection was great, and the service was great! You are on vacation, you have to expect that the demand creates a littl bit of an increase on prices, plus the food was worth it. Thanks for helping my vacation be even better!

1  Thank fritzenluv
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is General Store is perfectly located along Linekin Bay Area. It has some cold beverages, coffee, homemade pies (made by a local woman), and many gifts and some children's toys. The only downside is that its rather pricey. I bought one of the home made peach pies, and it honestly was not that good. Our group of four did not even finish it off. The hot and cold beverages are not too expensive, but most other items were too pricey for me to make extensive purchases. The product selection of gifts and local items is pretty good, and most you won't find anywhere else, so that is a positive.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

EBGS is my favorite sandwich shop. From an initial look at the menu one may think the food is expensive, but it is SO worth it. Portions and quality are perfectly proportional to price. For work I rely on EBGS a lot, frequently placing large to-go orders. They are always accommodating and are organized enough to do big last minute requests. We are so lucky to have them on our peninsula. The cookies are wonderful! They have a stash of fancy cheeses as well. Best breakfast pizza I've ever had. This is a great place to stop and grab a nice bottle of wine or a 6 pack of local beer on the way home from work too. Whether you're planning a picnic on ocean point or a fancy cocktail party, EBGS has what you need. Liz the owner is amazing and runs a very tight ship.

1  Thank Kimberly R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We having been staying in East Boothbay for 26 years and this little General Store is a treasure! Such a great place to get made-to-order sandwiches and pizza. Also great for breakfast bakery items - like good ole Sinkers (amazing homemade donuts available on the weekends), muffins, scones, breakfast pizza and coffee. They also have a lovely assortment of gift-type items. Definitely worth a visit!

1  Thank mcgwirejeter