Ocean Point Inn and Resort
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$112
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Beach Cove Waterfront Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Bradley Inn(New Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsadirondack chairsocean pointboothbay harbordining roomshore roadmaine coasthot tubbeautiful locationget awaysea glasslobsterbreathtaking viewsmany yearsbreakfast buffet ismain buildingenjoy the sceneryexcellent restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2012

If you are looking for a cookie cutter type luxury resort I am not sure OPI would be your best choice. However, if you are seeking natural beauty that is Maine seacoast picture postcard beautiful, the ability to completely relax, be away from, but just minutes to, the center of all the activities, then you would be hard pressed to do better in the Boothbay area than OPI. It is, as it describes itself, a classic property, but it has also been updated regularly so that it is clean, comfortable and modern in the ways it needs to be. I would also say it offers a significantly greater value than other places I have checked. Hint - when making your reservation ask for a room on the front of the lodge building. You can sit on your porch and take in everything from the mist rising in the morning to incredible sunsets. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cccruisemaster
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Just what we needed for a long fall weekend getaway. A bit off the beaten path, but that's a good thing in this case, judging from the mobs of people over at the more commercial and touristy Boothbay Harbor area that's about fifteen minutes away. Our cottage was a simple affair but had modern, well-maintained bathroom fixtures, nice soaps/shampoos/etc., great towels and linens, and the microwave oven, mini-fridge and free WiFi were nice conveniences! And the whole place was spotless, including the cottage, grounds, inn/restaurant, and waterfront. A minor problem with the bathtub drain was promptly fixed after I reported it to the front office. The entire staff was friendly, and the cozy restaurant served terrific food. A few words of advice-- this place is in a very remote location. if you've never been there before, time your trip to arrive during daylight hours; we arrived around 8pm, and driving the last ten or fifteen miles of a long drive on dark, twisty roads in a heavy fog was a bit unnerving. Fortunately for us, the bar and restaurant were open when we arrived!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Frank P
Reviewed 5 October 2012

At first it seemed too far from attractions, but this inn is an attraction in itself: a friendly staff, the exceptional location, charming rooms, an in-house "tavern" and excellent restaurant combined with a view that is up close and beautiful. Even has a dock where my husband talked to a nearby lobsterman who was putting out traps. We spent two nights and have voted it our favorite place after a cross-country road trip.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Sealrockers
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We were driving through Maine visiting family and stopped at one of the service centers on the Maine turnpike .I picked up the book of coupons that are near the door, While my husband was driving I came across a coupon for the Ocean Point Inn. I was sure it would be horrible but was blown away when I saw the place. It sits facing the ocean with chairs lined up waiting for you.The room was clean, the breakfast (which was a little extra for the hot buffet) was pretty good.It was a great find and a perfect getaway.Its well hidden and off the beaten track .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arleens_stm
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stayed her in early september for the second or third time. Firstly, I have to say that the room could do with a bit of a freshening -up. We stayed in the Inn building on the right as you look at it from the front. However, it had a comfortable bed the bathroom was OK, it was clean and it had a gorgeous view. The people at the front desk were unfailingly friendly, as were the restaurant staff. The complimentary continental breakfast was fine - a choice of cereals, oj, coffee or tea, muffins and toast. For another $7 you could have a cooked breakfast. You also get to sit with a better view, as if you opt for the free breakfast you sit in the bar.

At dinner, the food is really very good, and there is a good choice of beers and wines. The pool is a decent size and was reasonably warm. I also swam from the jetty, which was a real bonus.

I would recommend this place if you want to get away from crowds, like good food, to be looked after by nice people, and have one of the best views in Maine.

Room Tip: Get a sea view if you can. It really is terrific
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple