“View, food, service all outstanding -- a jewel”

Ocean Point Inn & Resort Restaurtant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had dinner at Ocean Point last night and couldn't have been happier. I ordered the pan seared scallops,which came in a delicious cream sauce with rice and vegetables on the side, presented beautifully and a very large portion. A side salad was included and the cucumber wasabi dressing is highly recommended for those who like spicy. I had to drive back to Portland afterwards to did not try the wines, but desserts are also excellent; I had the cheesecake. The view of the sunset was spectacular and it is a quiet place, not swarming with tourists like the harbor area in Boothbay itself. Service was outstanding; friendly, fast, professional. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The stunning views, the great service, and delicious food.......Ocean Point has it all. Excellent seafood (a variety of lobster dishes as well as a variety of other offerings), wonderful steaks, unique and changing salads. During the week the pub food dies not disappoint. One of our favorites.

1  Thank Djurenas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were seated by the window overlooking the water. We ordered the twin lobster special and were very pleased. Very fresh and very good. Good, friendly service. Only problem was the sunset shining in our faces and the blinds did not help much.

1  Thank Pilgrim50
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and & I have stayed at Ocean Point Inn in East Boothbay the last two years and the location is one of the most beautiful in New England. Seeing the view at sunset while eating a great meal make a priceless memory. I enjoyed my meal at this restaurant. It was very good, but the meal itself wasn't memorable. However the setting and the experience were awesome. The hotel is a great place for quiet; and still within a short ride of the shops and excursions, so again...location, location, location. I recommend it for a close but quiet getaway.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had never visited the Boothbay Harbor area before. We were pleasantly surprised by this inn which I found in trip advisor. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. The view from our room was spectacular. We made it a point to be back by sunset to watch it all unfold from our balcony.