“Gem.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Machias
The Talbot House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 East Machias B&B and Inns
Bangor, Maine
“Gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This home is gorgeous. We immediately felt welcome! Both Michael and Liz are warm hearted and have the gift of hospitality. Due to being a vendor at the Maine Wild Blueberry Festival, the owners got up bright and early to cook my Mother and I a gourmet breakfast with all the fixings. I hope to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 19Traveler1956
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for this review! We look forward to seeing you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Swans Island, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at the Talbot House EVERY WEEK FOR SIX MONTHS! Given the opportunity, I would not stay any place else when in the area. Excellent value, clean, and very accommodating. The owners, the Henry's, go to extroidinary lengths to make your stay pleasant, offering more than just a bed and a breakfast: use the living room to watch TV, read in the library, enjoy fresh baked cookies at midnight, take a walk around town/along "the Trail", special diet needs accommodated. I arrived a stranger, ended the summer having two good friends, the Henry's, Liz & Michael, owners - the Talbot House B&B.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the quiet seclusion of Room 5, away from busy US 1, close to stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jim S
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for this review Jim! You are an example of our saying: "many people come as guests and leave as friends". We hope you and all of our guests have a very Happy Holiday season!
- Liz & Michael
Gloucester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I had a special reason for picking the Talbot House Inn in East Machias. It used to be my mother-in-law's family homestead. It had fallen into disrepair over the years until the Henry's bought it and transformed it into the beautiful home it is today! I loved seeing it restored with lovely antiques, even some from the original home. The Henry's are the best "inn-keepers" you could ever meet. They make you feel right at home. The rooms are lovely as is the view. Breakfast was delicious! Though it's quite a ride from Cape Cod to East Machias I plan on making it a yearly "pilgrimage" with various members of my family!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ElizaBeth E
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for the review and the pictures! We look forward to you next visit!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night at very short notice when we decided to go to the East of Maine due to Acadia national park being closed.

Liz and Mike were very welcoming, and the house itself is gorgeous. We had a very comfortable bed, and had a great night's sleep. The breakfast in the morning was also good - Mike had made us quiche from scratch, and it was delicious.

We would recommend this inn, and would definitely stay there again if we ever come back to Maine!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katherine M
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for the very nice comments! It was great meeting you. We hope you will be able to come back to see Acadia and when you do, visit us too!
Boone, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great place to stay and relax. The owners are lovely and very accommodating. They will help you anyway they can. The house is full of beautiful antiques and only 1 mile or less from all of town. Rooms are very, very spacious and realxing. Near the riverwalk. Will visit again someday.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori B
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
This house/inn was made to be filled with family and fun. We enjoyed meeting all of you and we thank your for this review!
Machias, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

My mother, my aunt and I joined forces with another group and had tea at Talbot House Inn---what a lovely experience! So elegant, so yummy, so much fun! We had just been to a much advertised tea in Ellsworth at the Black House, and been disappointed--they were stingy with the food and it cost 3x as much as Talbot House. Liz and Michael do not have a blase attitude about serving their guests, they give it their all. First, we had a tour of the whole building, including any empty guest rooms, all the way to the 3rd floor and those unique windows looking out onto the East Machias river. The bedrooms looked inviting, I wish I had the need to stay there! The dining rooms were all white and lacy, and Liz had made a special, just-for-our-tea menu for our day. First course, sandwiches---egg salad, salmon, artichoke hearts and the obligatory cucumber! Then, mini quiches, and of course, tea. I'm not a tea drinker, but I really liked it! After that, blueberry scones with bowls of jam, honey or mock clotted cream (I tried them all, they were delicious.) Melons and cherries followed and then the piece de resistance---a beautiful three-tiered array of desserts---pink cupcakes, cheescakes, and other delicasies. It was scrumptious, oh so proper, but still relaxed and a lot of fun. Bliss. We wore dresses and hats, which made it fun, and we enjoyed meeting the other guests. What a nice way for a visitor to the area to spend the afternoon, but also for us locals to do something different and special with our girlfriends, a change from our hectic, modern lives. We loved it, we recommend it, and it's a great value for the money!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank soozi24
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for this wonderful review and the beautiful photo!!! - Liz
Waldo, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

It was my first time staying in a B&B, at first it felt odd staying in a strangers house, but Liz and Michael make you feel so welcome. I felt so comfortable and safe staying at the Talbot House. The bed was very comfortable, I slept the best ever, the rooms were so clean and the breakfast's were amazing. Highly recommend staying here, you will not regret it. They did an amazing job restoring the Talbot House.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CAL82013
Liz H, Owner at The Talbot House Inn, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Thank You!!!! We look forward to seeing you during next year's Festival!
Again, we thank everyone who has taken the time to write these reviews!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Machias
Robinson's Cottages
Robinson's Cottages
#1 of 1 in Dennysville
West Quoddy Head Station

Been to The Talbot House Inn? Share your experiences!