“Take no notice of Directions from Days INN”

Days Inn Watford Gap
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Hotel itself is what you would expect - rather tired -but cheap....and only for 1 night.... but Receptionist Sam was really helpful - HOWEVER we were given seriously wrong information as to position of Hotel. This hotel is on the services SOUTHBOUND but is accessible from Northbound by exiting via a service road at the rear of the petrol station, crossing the bridge and ignoring no entry to south side service area. I telephoned Days Inn prior to travelling - as I was approaching from Crick just north of the Southbound services and were told to travel a further 20 miles down to next junction and back up the motorway to the North side - NOT happy...... probably cost as much in fuel as the cost of the room.

Room was ok and on the back of the hotel but noise from upstairs terrible - sounded like a herd of elephants just walking across the room.

Room Tip: Request a room on the back of hotel on second floor - noise from upstairs rooms sounded like a herd...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha D, Manager at Days Inn Watford Gap, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review, i do apologise about the directions you received i don't know if this was the call centre or the hotel directly. The postcode is the same for both sides and we do advise our guests that they can use the slip roads to get from one side to the other.

Again i apologise, and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Mr husband and I had a 1 night stop here on 9th April, the staff were very helpful and the double room was clean and very comfortable, the only downsides were only having 1 chair in the room and only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel. I would suggest that when a booking is made they ask how many will be staying in the room so that the appropriate number of towels can be available. Otherwise great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Samantha D, Manager at Days Inn Watford Gap, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello
Thank you for your review, and i am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to help our guests with what ever they need during there stay. In regards to towels if on your reservation it states only one adult then there will only be the one set in your room. We do advise that when you book online to state how many adults are staying.

We hope you come back soon
Thanks Again

Reviewed 15 February 2014

When arriving here the customer service was disgraceful and very sharp, unsympathetic and very unhelpful. After waiting for nearly 40minutes a key was slammed down on the reception desk and I was told there that's your room.
Anyway, I went upto the room and when I walked in I stepped on what can only be described as a wet,marshy soggy carpet........why......... Because there was a great gaping crack I. The ceiling just above the door as you go in and there was water drip drip drip drip drip drip drip dripping from it. I'm not talking a small drip I mean a large noisy and very dangerous drip. The water was coming in from this crack seeping along the now rotten ceiling coming through an electrical appliance that was on the ceiling or sensor and dripping quite fast onto the carpet. Also you would think the window was open the amount the curtains were moving but when I checked nope......the window wasn't open. I went straight back down to the reception desk and explained that I was not happy with the room I was given at all on the account of the water, the noise, the dNgerous condition the celieling was on and the coldness of the room.
The way I was dealt with was disgraceful, "well thTs the room you have been given, I don't know what you suppose I can do about it, that's all we've got, sorry but that's your room, take it or leave it" I was utterly shocked not only was I spoken to like a piece of meat, I wasn't even greeted with any eye contact or a smile or understanding or most of all an apology!!!!, what was I given ................A BOX!! To put under the drip and I was told to "make do"!!!!!
When I came back to the hotel later on that day I wAs given another room, how that was sorted out I don't know but it was, well............... I slept on the floor for t he 2 nights I was there because if I'd of slept on tHe mattress that was on the bed I'd of been in pain. It was like sleeping on a waterbed with springs diggin in me from all angles, it was severely uncomfortable. I also in this room had to wedge the curtains up onto the window sill as the sever draft that was coming through the window even though it was shut was making me cold.

All in all I'm dreading going back there and if I had a choice, I wouldn't be!

Room Tip: Ask for one that's on the rear side of the hotel if you are a light sleeper, just on account of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CRAZYCHICK9484
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Booked a stop-over simply because it was halfway to our destination. Easy parking and pleasant staff. Room was warm, spacious and clean. Good bathroom with bath and shower. Bed was really comfy. Much better than expected. Bargain price. Not a place to spend a holiday next to the M1 but an ideal stop-over. Would definately use this again.

Room Tip: We had an east facing room which overlooked the services and motorway. Noise not a problem and we di...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Do not use Days inn I booked online for my husband. when he arrived at the hotel he was made to pay by card when I had already paid online so paid twice. when I rang I was assured I would get a refund 15 days later still waiting! Rang again no help whatsoever denying all knowledge of money owed to me and it was ten mins into conversation when they told me I was speaking to someone in America! I had to quickly put phone down as phone bill was going to cost a fortune so rang venere .com no help there either and I was ringing india ! steer clear steer clear steer clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rip off merchants and such unhelpful booking staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fiona e
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Ideal stop over for commuters heading north or south. Accessible via the A5 by using the delivery entrance over the M1 bridge.
Booked on the day via booking.com and paid £25 for a choice of a family room or double.
This was probably the most competitive price in the area I wanted, and good service cafe's on both sides on the M1.
Although there have been a few complaints regarding motorway noise, this is not the case on rooms facing east or away from the M1.
My room was spacious, smelt clean, coffee/tea facilities, large bathroom, small flatscreen tv with uk digital channels, and free wifi. And the bed was very comfortable and clan.
Overall I had a good night's sleep and think that £40 - £25 is a good rate for the location and quality of rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a East facing room, preferably ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

In the past couple of years I have come to use Daysinn motels when ever I travel as I always found them good value, clean, reliable and the inclusive wifi a bonus.

So when booking a last minute break I opted for another - mistake in choosing this particular one.

Arrived 15.05 to find a notice on receptions saying sorry not at desk ring bell for attention which I duly did, after 15 minutes I called only to get an answer phone, so took case to car walked dog and came back only to find still no one there at about 16.oo hrs the Macdonalds manager from the motorway services appeared - he sorted me getting checked in out but I had to wait a further 25 mins for his staff to come across the motorway to do it. So basically the hotel was unmanned and left unlocked for all and sundry to wander in not good for security as room door locks not best in world either.

Then had to return to reception to book dog in as no notes left for the macdonalds staff covering on how to do that, I was irritated to say the least that they said I had not paid for room, I forwarded the email from expedia to prove that expedia had taken the money.

The room smelt damp, and the vinyl in bathroom was bubbly in places and felt like damp or water under it as felt damp to walk on.

Yes it is cheap but under the brand of DaysInn I expected better that hostel standards.

The building was previously a travel inn so lacked the sound proofing of the Daysinn at Leicester or Wetherby or Coventry all of which you cannot hear the associated Motorway when in the rooms whereas Watfordgap it is intrusive to say the least and he double glazing does little to reduce the noise of conversations outside either

Room Tip: ask for one at the back of the motel, it may be quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
Ibis Rugby East
#18 of 27 in Northampton
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney
Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton

Been to Days Inn Watford Gap? Share your experiences!