Review Highlights
Winter warmer

Once again a very very friendly railway with all staff friendly near to busy to show you or help... read more

Reviewed 1 January 2019
Graham C
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
via mobile
Santa Xmas Train

As my children are massive train lovers we decided to take the Santa Train ride this year and they... read more

Reviewed 1 January 2019
rickbainO625ZQ
Lincoln, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews santa train engine shed level crossing small museum merry christmas learning disability santa express love trains run by volunteers fancy dress fantastic job of keeping cream tea step back in time santa special car boot sale wonderful afternoon mince pies
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We had been here before, but not on a steam day. Imagine my delight to be given by my husband a ride on the footplate. Wonderful, what an amazing day with wonderful memories. All staff were very helpful and friendly, totally professional and efficient when my husband requested the gift to me. I had an orange work coat, and was invited to help with loading the coal, adjusting the steam valves, putting into reverse gear, the whistle, all and everything. I didn't have to, but wanted to, awesome. Many, many great thanks to all for a wonderful time. Finished off by having a snack break in the buffet car, very reasonably priced drinks and cakes.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank lynnc185
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Had another trip today, supporting a small group of adults with a learning disability. We were made very welcome and looked after. We all thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the hard work of all that work and volunteer there is greatly appreciated.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Rolfies
Reviewed 22 June 2015

the only standard gauge steam railway in lincolnshire.Really picturesque station at ludborough well kept gardens and a short train ride to north thoresby.The conductor told us there are plans to extend the line and at the level crossing at north thoresby is the original station house and the disused track bed,lovely countryside and well worth a visit.

Date of experience: June 2015
4  Thank Darren A
Reviewed 22 May 2015

A good day out on a steam hauled train. The line now runs from Ludborough to Nth Thoresby. There is a converted railway carriage which acts as a cafe. Assortment of drinls, snacks cakes.

Date of experience: September 2014
6  Thank Lincsbeau
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

Me my wife and kids really enjoyed the trains, we had a day ticket which we could ride all day so that was a bonus. Great value for money

6  Thank daniele320