“Very close to nature”

Fivelements Bali Retreat
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mambal
Reviewed 21 May 2014

For those who wants to be close to nature, look no further...
The bathroom is completely open concept. What i particular like most is showering under the stars at night. I could see the stars and the full moon as i shower at night and also hear the insects and the sound of nature when bathing. The bathroom is so close to nature, there is even a spider in the bathroom making its web on the plant in the shower area.
However be warn that this is not suitable for everyone especially for someone afraid of inseccts.

The whole concept is unique which nature lovers will definitely like. However do not expect luxury resort style standard because this is not a 5 star luxury hotel(although stated on the web) but it is a healing center. Some of the things include no television, no coffee and tea( but this is made up with the 5 very unique kinds of herbal drinks offered by the hotel), no enclosed shower. Fortunately, there is air conditional...

What i also like is the view of the river. You could sit at the balcony and slowly sip your herbal drink while looking at the river flow past.

Location is difficult to find. I drove a rental car to the hotel and had to stop a few times to ask for directions. But generally most local know the direction.. Mentioned" Puri Ahimasa hotel" rather than "five elements hotel" to the locals if asking for directions.

Also choose the riverfront suites rather than the waterfalls suites. The waterfalls suit is much smaller.

Room Tip: Choose riverfront suit
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sun_TT1990
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for all your comments and we are
working on improving signeage in the area to make easier to find Fivelements, Puri Ahimsa.
We define Fivelements as a Wellness resort, sometimes in some online listings is a category that is not included but we will make sure that online the descriptions are as accurate as possible.

Hope you will be back staying with us and suggesting Fivelements to the right ones that would appreciate this kind of concept and anvironment.

Best regards,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Fivelements is truly magical place and I'm looking forward to go back there next year. Our stay there was above all our expectations. We received the best possible care and amazing spa treatments. It was the right place for me to go after stressful project to get my balance and energy back. Thank you Fivelements Team!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Evgenia S
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Evgenia,

Is so grateful and inspiring to hear your words about the experience at Fivelements as our mission is holding the space for life transformation and love in action.

Thank you and looking forward to see you again in Bali at Fivelements!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in this beautiful slice of heaven for 5 nights in March; and it was beyond perfect.
Right from being picked up from the airport at night (a must and worth the money), everything was first class.
The rooms are so inviting, attractive and relaxing, that being there automatically relaxes one. Though to really indulge in pure relaxation, the day spa with the world class therapists' is a daily- if not twice daily essential.

I had the pleasure of commencing my stay with a body scrub that was beautiful and a lovely way to commence my health journey. The next day I experienced the Invigorating bodyworks massage by Pak Made Bajra. Oh I wish I had him back in Australia. He was so good and intuitive to my muscular needs that I booked him for a further two treatments.
Another amazing treatment I had was the Panca Maha Butha with therapist Wayan Partha that I highly recommend. His diagnosis of my ailments left me speechless. Furthermore he fixed me!. Pak and Wayan are a must.

To balance the physical works, I booked into a raw food class with Chef Made for four hours which was worth every cent. The knowledge of different foods and the ease at which he prepared the gourmet raw foods was inspiring. I even "contributed" in the class and have continued my new skills at home from the cooking book I was given- along with my official fivelements apron and hat! I would definitely recommend the class to fully engage in the fivelements principles.

The restaurant and food is summed up as divine. Yes it was all raw and vegan, and an experience in itself (I was already vegetarian, but am now vegan). I learnt so much about the varieties of such tasty and nutritional foods; and after experiencing whole foods for five days, my body was craving only that. There is room service which I used on two nights when I sat on the verandah gazing into the river.
I was very fortunate to be there at the full moon ceremony which was very moving and spiritual that I'll take with me for ever.

The staff were amazing, right from Yanik planning my program before I arrived, to the courteous Made who drove me around a few days and Bagus going the extra mile and arranging healing sessions externally. Nothing was too much trouble, and nothing was left untouched.

To sum up my stay at Fivelements was absolute bliss: the resort settings was beautiful, the day spa was world class, the raw food was divine and all the staff were beautiful.
After five days I felt renewed, refreshed and ready to get back to my real life. However, I really feel a stay at Fivelements is a yearly if not twice yearly event to really look after the mind. body and soul.
I look forward to experiencing it all again in the near future.

Room Tip: Try different treatments at the day spa; you won't be disappointed. Do the Raw food class with...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Lisa ,

Thank you for the detailed review on your experience at Fivelements that can other people better understand what we facilitate and possible during a stay in our retreat in Bali.
Your words give us the strength to continue in our mission for wellness and healing.

See you soon in Fivelements,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We are now travelling for 8 months and this was hands down the best accomodation we have been to!

Rooms
Really spacious, very nicely done, the bathtub is actually a small pool. You have a lot of privacy and can fully enjoy staying in the open.

The chef is amazing! He interprets staples of east asian cuisine as vegan and often raw variants that exceed the originals. I decided to buy a blender and make my own raw soups not because they are so healthy, but they were so tasty!

Spa & Facilities
Expensive compared to other Spas, but in the normal range for a 5 Star Hotel. The quality is very high and the staff very experienced. Cooking class is amazing!

Public Pool
Wonderfully situated - you hear the river just opposite and very comfy sunbeds. They were fully booked when we were there, but felt as if we were alone.

Staff
Very very friendly, warm and welcoming. They employ 70 people for only 9 Villas! Everybody is well trained and fluent in english.

A word of caution
If you can't imagine paradise without meat, beer and a TV - don't come here! There is no TV in the room, no alcohol allowed and the food served is vegan and mostly raw. For us, it was pure paradise, because we were looking for a place like that.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Markoff,

Thank you for your review and words of your experience that will help other travelers looking for a relaxing place in Bali like to choose Fivelements.

Thank you!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Another nice raw food experience near Ubud in tranquil surroundings. The restaurant building is completely constructed out of bamboo and located along a fast running river. The modern clean kitchen is operated by an inspiring chef trained in the US. Try their unique tasting platter and I am sure you come back as we did the same week again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and happy to hear that your culinary experience at Fivelements has been positive.

We wait for you again to explore more delicious and healthy foods.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

A friend and I decided after having had such a great lunch at the fivelements restaurant to invest in their cooking class, but we were short on time and the only day we could go back was Jan. 1 2014. Chef Made graciously gave up his day off (and that after having worked until 2am the night before) to accommodate us when he heard this was our only opportunity left. I was at first a bit apprehensive of the price but quickly realized that all the tips, recipes, secrets, techniques and enthusiasm was going to be a life changing experience and worth every penny. We were tired at the end of the day but both felt it was the best thing we could have done for ourselves and what a way to start the new year. We strongly recommend this to anyone wanting to get a good start with raw food. Thank you Chef MAde!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review as well on behalf of Chef Made and very happy to hear that your culinary journey and experience at Fivelements has been life changung.

Hope to see you soon in Bali at Fivelements.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked this hotel before noticing it´s a hotel without meat, coffee and alcohol. However, after one week of surfing and noise in Seminyak, this was just the resort we were looking for. The service was excellent, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the meals were surprisingly good (none of us were used to eating all-vegan meals).

Sleeping in the giant bed in our private villa was a delight.

The only negative was that the tablets used to control the music and lightning in the room was barely working.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andreas H
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it.
If you come back to stay at Fivelements please contact us and we will offer one complimentary Traditional Balinese Massage in you

Kind regards,
Chicco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambal
The Kayon Resort
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#9 of 199 in Ubud
Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa

Been to Fivelements Bali Retreat? Share your experiences!