“A Beautiful Paradise of retreat and self honour”

Fivelements Bali Retreat
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mambal
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Chef Made, super passionate and cool RAW chef introduced my kids to healthy eating by giving them a private class. I also took a 4 hour class and he had a world of knowledge. All the restaurant staff were more than accommodating. The whole resort had amazing staff who catered to me and my kids as if there were no one else staying there but us. Isa the Wellness Liaison knew exactly what we needed, made appointments for special massages with healers for me and chocolate massages and cucumber facials for my three kids. Ami gave me a different perspective on foot massages and the importance of life. The fire ceremony was icing on top and gave us an idea on how people live and how their gratitude to the Universe is contagious. I learned so much and so deeply in a week in paradise. A dream come true for me in this beautiful authentic setting.

Room Tip: They all over look the river and they are all private and beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mona L
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Mona.

Reading your review make all of us at Fivelements genuinely happy as our mission at our wellness destination retreat in Bali is holding the space for Life Transformation and Love in Action and reading your words and feelings is so wonderful and full of meaning also for us.
We are honored to have hold the space for you and your kids and hope we will see you again at Fivelements.

With gratitude,
Chicco & Lahra Tatriele and Fivelements family

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I found 5 Elements completely by accident. My sister and her family, who are all vegetarians, were visiting from the USA and I asked my friends here in Bali where is the best veggie restaurant in Bali.

They all said at 5 Elements.

I was not disappointed and while I was here, I took a look at their facilities and menus (obviously) and decided to come back for a 3 day stay after my sister left.

What a good decision. I have never done a spa retreat before and I am hard-pressed to think of anything missing (except for those looking for more of a physical health retreat than a spiritual one).

The location and scenery are stunning above the small river in front. The service at the spa, the restaurant and throughout the hotel is superb – not an easy feat given its location outside of Ubud.

I posted a couple of photos on my FB page and I got a reply back almost immediately from a good friend on neighboring Lombok screeching through the email : “Scott, you are at the 5 Elements?! That place is on my *bucket-list *! I will get there as soon as I save up enough for it; I think of that place often.

And that brings up my final point. This place is really good. But I know that especially some of my expat friends from Asia might complain that if you looked around you could get this Yoga session for cheaper at this place, or that massage at another place for half price. True.

But then again, you'd have to search around for all the things that you will find here all in one idyllic place with just all-around great service. Expensive yes, but if you can leave that thought behind – then it is well worth it. I am now planning my next short stay here....plus getting a gift certificate for my friend so that she can take 5 Elements off her bucket-list! She will be one happy Lady!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Scott,

Thank you very much and happy to hear in such a genuine and real way as you are writing it how much you enjoyed your experience at Fivelements and hope next time we can meet in person.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Hello. I am from México and really enjoy traveling, researching and planning trips for me and others. I have particular interest in detox, spiritual and culinary retreats. In this respect I contact fivelements on the first week of june, and received reply one week later. The person who replied apologized for the delay (Janur Yasa), but what was even more disappointing was that I replied his email with doubts regarding a culinary retreat I wanted to attend and he never answered back.

I was really looking forward to attend Fivelements, nevertheless, the lack of interest in answering my doubts was very disappointing. At the end I decided to go for another choice in the USA.

I hope I can attend one of the wonderful retreats you offer in the near future, but meanwhile I suggest paying more attention to clients in this matter because there is usually no second chance to make a good first impression.

Thanks,
L. Morales

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank LizyM
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Lizy,

Thank you for your feedback and I will personally look into this to understand where we missed it.
Can you please send me the correspondence so that I can have a look to it?
You can send to: chicco@fivelements.org

Best regards and I apologize for this as our mission is to offer the best service and experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my first solo trip and also my first first trip to Bali. The hotel is amazing. I was looking for a very quiet place to relax. And this hotel is definitely is. The environment is very peaceful. Staff is very friendly. The food at the restaurant is nice. Originally, i was worried that it says it's a caffeine-free place because i'm a heavy coffee drinker. But luckily, they do serve Bali coffee at the restaurant. The spa was amazing as well. But there were many mosquitoes around and i saw snake two times in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chik Chi T

Dear Chick Chi,

Thank you for your review and feedbacks that we will take in consideration to improve our services.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Best thing non-alcohol
Do not forget to drink luwak coffee it is delicious
The river is under you
Your villa is made from natural wood
Everything is amazing and natural
Only have 9 villas there quite place

• Stayed: May 2014
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Mraadi.

Thankyou for your review and happy to hear that you enjoyed and appreciated Fivelement.

Best regards and hope to have you again with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I could not have chosen a better place to stay on my very last minute trip to Bali.

I was looking for a place to relax and recharge my energy and still experience the true Balinese culture. At the Fivelements Puri Ahimsa I found what I was looking for and much more.

You will not only love the genuinely friendly staff in the hotel, but you will end up building a relationship with them throughout your stay. They will know you by your name the moment you first meet them and will do the utmost to ensure you are well taken care of. True Balinese hospitality.

The whole place is one with nature. The rooms are spacious with beautiful out door showers and bathtubs where you can enjoy the surroundings but still have your own privacy. This is a place where the people, the resort and nature are in perfect harmony where you can truly heal and revitalize in every aspect.

The restaurant serves Living Food, which is not something I had tried before, but I can truly see the positive effects it has and will now choose more consciously what I eat. Everything is done with true love and passion and with the utmost respect to life. The quality and taste is truly amazing. I wish I could participate in one of the culinary classes, which are definitely worth doing.

This hotel is not a usual SPA but it is a healing center and they have a wide range of treatments that you can choose from that will make the stay even more meaningful.

I cannot thank the whole team enough for the truly amazing stay that I had. I just wish I could have stayed a bit longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Nicole,

Thank you very much for your detailed review about your experience at Fivelements.
We are very pleased to hear through your words what your stay has given to you.

I will share this with Fivelements team and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you need nurturing beyond the average spa, this is the perfect place. Fivelements brings together amazingly delicious pure vegan raw food alongside transformative therapies. Yes, there are gorgeous beauty treatments (using natural, organic products most made on site), but you have the option to go deeper with yoga, meditation, somatic therapy, sacred arts, traditional Balinese healing….all with a bespoke, personalised feel. From the minute you arrive, you feel welcomed and looked after by all of the team in the beautiful garden surroundings with the Ayung river rippling past. It's a must-visit whether you stay for a longer retreat or simply visit for the food or a treatment when staying in Ubud.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the river.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine T
chicco t, Manager at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Catherine,

It has been a pleasure to meet you and know you at Fivelements and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We wish you all the best and when you are back in Bali come back to have lunch together and talk more on healthy living and transformational wellness.

Chicco Tatriele

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambal
The Kayon Resort
#17 of 196 in Ubud
The Royal Pita Maha
The Royal Pita Maha
#2 of 6 in Kedewatan

Been to Fivelements Bali Retreat? Share your experiences!