All reviews raw food the river body and soul plant based spa treatments healing experience outdoor bathtub open air thatched roof ginger tea the hustle and bustle quiet place ubud centre vegan healer sakti ceremony
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was absolute the best spa I ever had in my life. The surroundings is breathtaking and the staff one of a kind.
I recommend the flower bath and the facial was like a dream. all the materials used in the facial was natural from Bali.So fresh and organic.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I typically do not write reviews but felt compelled since most of the reviews on this site are glowing and do not represent my experience with the hotel. I am traveling as a solo female so prior to my booking, I had done a lot of research on Bali and this property. I was looking specifically for a safe and comfortable wellness retreat with spiritual healing that was unique to Bali. At approx $500/nt and a five star rating, I thought that’s what I was getting with this hotel. I took an extra precaution to email the property to confirm the room was completely enclosed to ensure safety and to prevent insects or animals from getting into my room. They reassured me the room was enclosed, therefore, I booked the reservation.

The hotel is in a very rural location - down a narrow and bumpy dirt road, through a small village comprised of makeshift huts where locals reside, with roosters and wild dogs roaming about. The hotel itself is very unique and serene, next to the river. It does give the vibe of being disconnected from the world.

Upon arrival, I had a spa treatment which was excellent. By the time my treatment was done, it was already dark outside. There are no lights on the property so I walked through the dark back to my room.

The room had very dim lighting but it was enough for me to see insects crawling around the floor and table. Even with a mosquito net - there were huge ants crawling in my bed! The bathroom is completely exposed to the outdoors so there were even more insects in the bathroom. The bathroom door, which is the only flimsy thing separating me from the outdoors, did not lock!! Can you imagine being a solo female traveler (or be it your sister or your wife in this situation), in a foreign, third world country, out in the jungle, in a dark hut filled with insects with a door that did not lock???? I was in tears when I realized the nightmare I was in.

I immediately rang the front desk and informed them I needed to transfer out of the hotel. The guy basically said okay but no refunds, but they can come clean my room. What??? This was so unacceptable – I was NOT SAFE! This was not about the cleanliness of my room. I spoke with a manager over the phone and she too said no refunds, that I should’ve looked at the pictures on the website before booking. This manager continued to argue with me tooth and nail so I knew this was going nowhere. I was so distraught and in total panic about not finding another hotel and a driver at this time of night – that I succumbed and agreed to one night charge. I just needed to get out of there asap!

Since it was a last minute booking, the nearest nice hotel was another $4000 usd. So now I am out $7000 usd at this point. I am so upset by this whole situation - the lack of professionalism and empathy demonstrated by the management of this hotel. I really expected more from a "five star" hotel, not only the facilities but also the service. I tried contacting the hotel again because I do not think it is fair that I should pay anything considering all of the issues above and the fact that I did not stay there. The manager hung up on me. I do hope that the owners read this review and resolve the issue appropriately by refunding all of the money I paid.

Trip type: Travelled solo
19  Thank Lillian Y
chicco t, Manager at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Dear Lilian,

We have carefully read your reviews from the excellent spa treatment you received to the rest of your comments outlined.
We feel very sorry it was a negative experience for you as we aim for the total opposite objective: to create the space for life transformation and love in action.

I will personally look into all of these aspects further to understand all the details and working towards any improvement needed.

Kind regards,
Chicco Tatriele

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I recently had the pleasure of being pampered by Fivelements, and I left the experience rejuvenated, sublimely relaxed, and ready to come back to the hustle and bustle of city life. I was treated to a wonderful specialty tasting menu hosted by the award-winning Sakti Dining Room, an infused Sakti ritual massage and bath, a meditative fire blessing ritual, and the most peaceful and relaxing accommodations located right next to the Ayung River. Walking into Fivelements is unlike anything I have experienced before, the energy is radiant and peaceful the moment you step onto the grounds. All in all, it was a truly memorable experience, a definite must if you are looking to hit the reset button!

Room tip: Pick a room adjacent to the river!
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Talia,

Thank you for sharing your "memorable" Fivelements wellness experience and we are very happy to feel your satisfaction.

Hope to see you soon back at Fivelements, Bali

Thank you, your Fivelements family!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We got to try Fivelements’ retreat program which includes traditional fire ceremony, massage & spa and 3 course lunch. The massage was one of the best massages we got in Bali! The surrounding is just so relaxing and the bathtub looking down the river was really amazing. Will definitely come again!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank agkk2016
chicco t, Owner at Fivelements Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Very happy to hear that you enjoyed our Fivelements retreat program and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We were staying in Bidadari room 1 & 2 .
It was really an amazing awesome experience staying in this beautiful relaxing place.

No more words !
Awesome !
Slightly premium price but worth the money !

They also have some best massage treatment & also healing therapy with best balinese healer.

Trip type: Travelled with friends