“Great spot in Eastport”
Review of Kilby House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastport
Kilby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Eastport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Nice property. Quaint and well appointed rooms. We had a lovely canopy bed and Greg the owner was very informative about the area. He directed us to a good restaurant. His breakfast was superb, with generous chunks of fresh fruit and his special gourmet eggs. We enjoyed out breakfast with other guests, and Greg livened things up by joining the group for his coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juliadennis

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Picked this one based on tripadvisor reviews, and was not disappointed. I did pick the room with twin beds and the small bathroom, and it was small. If you like space, pick a different room. But we were very satisfied. The windows open and you're able to enjoy the cool ocean breezes. Breakfast was a treat- the BEST scrambled eggs ever, along with fresh fruit, ham and homemade biscuits. Orange juice and delicious coffee. The inn keeper, Greg, was very helpful with suggesting places for dinner the night before- the Chowder House is within walking distance. Most of downtown Eastport is within walking distance, but the Chowder House was closer. I recommend this as a great place to stay that is easy on your budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My wife Ginny and I had a great time in our too-brief stay at Kilby House. Greg Noyes is an excellent host-- friendly, insightful, helpful but not overbearing.
The rooms were beautifully furnished, and all the basics were taken care of: clean, all necessaries provided. Nothing left out.
We stayed only 2 nights. Like any good trip-- we left thinking about the five other side trips we didn't do, but will be sure to do the next time we go.

Eastport's a nice little town at the end of everything-- the end of the US, at least. Great little downtown, nice walking, incredible natural areas/preserves nearby.

If you have not gone--start planning now.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Greg F
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 days in Eastport at the Kilby House. Greg was such a wonderful host full of knowledge and history of the little town and the area. A full gourmet breakfast was served every morning at 8am and it was tasty! The house is beautifully decorated in time piece furniture, sits walking distance from downtown and directly across from the water. We fully enjoyed our stay and would happily recommend the Kilby house and Greg to any traveler.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nicolette-Steve
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Kilby House for a week. This was one of the best weeks of my life thanks to our gracious host Greg who is the self proclaimed caretaker of the Kilby house. When we made our reservation Greg recommended we bring our passports, we opted not to and we still had an incredible time! When you walk in the front door you step back into time. The home has been beautifully restored, but has been updated for your comfort such as your own private bathroom and adequate electric and wifi for your laptop. The beds are very comfortable and my wife and I both slept wonderfully! After a day of exploring the wonderful treasures of Eastport, and a splendid nights rest, Greg presented us with a breakfast fit for 1800's nobility! I also have to add that Greg's coffee is five stars, as this is an important start to my day!
I want to add here my thanks not only to Greg and The Kilby House, but to the citizens of Eastport who were so friendly and welcoming!

Room Tip: They are all great, it depends on your needs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank terryO_10
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Kilby House in late August 2012, on the return leg of our road trip through Maine, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia. We only stayed there one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer. It was our first 'real' B&B experience, and we could not have asked for a better host, a better breakfast, or a better value for an overnight stay, anywhere.
When we made our reservation, Greg gave us some excellent tips on local attractions that we could visit prior to our arrival and after our departure , since we were totally unfamiliar with this part of the US/Canada. He is quite knowledgeable about the area, gave great dinner recommendations, and on top of all that, provides great conversation!
The house itself is older, tastefully furnished with antiques, and is within walking distance of downtown shops and restaurants. So just park your car while you are here, and enjoy the walk.
I can't recommend Greg or the Kilby house enough. We are both hoping to return very soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I loved my stay at Kilby House Inn, which is tucked in a corner of coastal Maine just below Calais. Even getting there was wonderful. Greg shared his favorite scenic roads to take to Eastport for my motorcycle trip up there. And he made a dinner reservation for me at a nearby bistro, so I would be able to enjoy a hearty meal after arriving late in the evening. I slept like a log and woke up to hot coffee and a scrumptious breakfast! Yum! Comfy bed, private bath, warm welcome, great breakfast, and hot coffee. What more could a traveler hope for?
I can't wait to ride my motorcycle back to see Greg when the weather warms up!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank hummingrk

Been to Kilby House Inn? Share your experiences!