“great hostess/owner, lots to do but bangs up at end of summer, very hard beds”
Review of Todd House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eastport
Todd House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eastport
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Ruth, the owner/ hostess is like visiting a dear auntie and Jackie the cook is talented and very pleasant. Stayed there on two separate vacations and am looking forward to visiting again, hopefully this summer. This place is for you if you like historical artifacts, as there are many antiques and the owner is a local historian. The things that I thought could use improvement to make my stay better were the beds are super firm and you had better bring your own snack/drinks as there is nothing available at night and if you dont have a room with a kitchen area, the main kitchen is pitch black and rather off limits.I was only looking for a cup of tea and a cookie and I don't even think that my room had sugar in it. I am thinking of investing in one of those foam mattress toppers to use while I visit. The rooms are spacious and most have their own bathrooms. The area has lots to do. We went sailing on the Sylvina Beal (not sure I spelled that right!) and saw whales, dolphins, and seals, in addition to a whirlpool. That was a lot of fun. Roosevelt's summer home, Campobello, is just a short drive and was either free or next to nothing, and very informative, although since it is in Canada you may now need a passport. The art galleries in town, just a couple blocks walk, were very nice, although I miss The Shag Gallery and its proprietor, Bang-Bangs, a colorful character, since it had closed the last time I was there. I am hoping he will be around in some capacity or other since he was a hoot to talk to and the gallery was wild! Other stuff we did was to hike near the boat school and the views were beautiful overlooking the water. I did that on crutches and was very proud of myself! There is a local playhouse that has shows occasionally but my timing has been off, so I would recommend checking into that as those are always a great way to meet some locals, and experience the flavor of the town, Don't drink myself but there are a few intriguing watering holes I would check out if I did. Overall, one of my favorite places to vacation.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robbie03

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We were unhappy with our stay at the Todd House in Eastport, Maine. We made our reservations well in advance but were not provided with a confirmation number. All information was kept in the Inn Keepers "spiral book." We called one week before our stay to ask some questions and confirm our stay, but upon arrival, our room had been given to another couple. After we were left to sort out the double booking with the other couple, we were highly disappointed in the lodging experience. Instead of "period antiques" we found old furniture. The mattress was not at all comfortable and quite old. The room was clean on the surface but had not been well kept. Access to our room was not easy either. Upon inquring about the dining room for breakfast we were informed we could "see the room later." We were never provided information regarding breakfast times and were never shown the dining area. Consequently we never ate breakfast at the Todd House. The outdoor fireplace was covered with scrap wood and the Inn Keeper was unable to provide any information regarding restaurant locations for meals. We noted on the website that credit cards were accepted but we were informed as we were checking out that cash and personal checks were the only options.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KELESPAL
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We traveled with two dogs down to Eastport's Great Sardine and Maple Leaf Drop New Year's Eve celebration for the last day of 2009. The accommodations were perfect. Very comfortable, warm room with beautiful furnishings and very nice linens. We had a small efficiency kitchen and private bath off a hallway within the room. The kitchen had all the essentials that allowed us to stay in and make dinner--lots of fun. We walked to the 11pm Maple Leaf drop for the Canadians and the Sardine Drop celebration at midnight was a blast!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LuluBasset
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Our Recent stay at the Todd house was the best ever. We stayed in several B&B's on this trip but Mrs. Ruth outshone them all. From the wonderful Breakfasts (thank you Jackie) to the the comfortable rooms and stimulating conversation everything was perfect. We stayed 3 nights and wanted to stay longer. I really felt like i had a taste of New England Life. and was right at home. Thank you Ms. Ruth for being such a wonderful hostess.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank carolfaith
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I was very skeptical about bed and breakfasts. Todd house took all the issues with privacy and hygeine and turned them into one of the nicest and relaxing mini-vaca I've ever had. Ruth was the absolute best host and more importantly she was always really glad to see and talk to all her guests. A really nice surprise.

My girlfriend and I will be going to Ruth's Todd House every year. Wendy is the one that set up our first wonderful 3-day weekend in Eastport.

Thanks Baby,
BIG CHRIS

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank elamonster

Been to Todd House? Share your experiences!