“Like Visiting My Favorite Aunt's Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eastport
Milliken House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Eastport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Mary made us feel like family while staying in Eastport! Her large, comfortable, and comfy home made our five night stay most pleasant. Her breakfasts were what we needed to start a cool September day outdoors. Our room was cozy, but the bathroom large. She is closed in the off season as is most of Eastport. We would definitely recommend the Milliken House. TTU69

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank TTU69

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Mary is a wonderful lady. Greg makes you feel right at home. We all enjoy watching the evening news at night
You feel the love. Very warm, relaxing, comfortable feeling. We will return every year.
You feel like family where you can be yourself rather then some stuffy, prim and proper location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank robert m
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Milliken House for six nights while attending a Road Scholar program in Eastport. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Our room was on the third floor and was large, comfortable and very clean; and our bed was comfortable. As others have said, Mary is absolutely wonderful and is anxious to take good care of her guests. The breakfasts were varied every day and uniformly tasty with lots of things to choose from. The pancakes with blueberry syrup were especially good and you should definitely go on their website and get Mary's recipe. I have read the previous comments about Mary's son, Greg, and, while he can appear a bit gruff at first encounter, once we engaged him in conversation, we found out that he has an enormous amount of information about the Eastport area that he is anxious to share with you. Just tell him what you're interested in and he will alert you to all sorts of opportunities. We had a number of very enjoyable conversations with him. Each morning, I would arise at about 6:00 AM and would find coffee already available. I would take my coffee and sit on the swing on the outside porch enjoying the Maine morning. In the evening, we frequently played games in the large downstairs living room which is full of comfortable chairs. As others have said, it is a short walk down the hill to the Eastport historic district where there are many artists galleries, gift shops, and places to eat. We especially enjoyed eating at the Waco Diner where we sat on the outside patio located right on the water and occasionally saw whales, porpoises, and seals. I will definitely stay at the Milliken House when I return to Eastport.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Room on the third floor and will request that room next time we visit.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hal62
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Got nervous reading some of the reviews and to be honest we are not B&B regulars. We all liked this place a lot! We had the larger half of the 3rd floor which had a bedroom and bathroom with a Queen bed and a sitting area with two twin beds. The furnishings were scaled down from the rest of the house but the space was great perfect for a family of four with kids ages 8 and 10. Bathroom was minimal with a stall shower. I knew that we would get the third floor so I wasn't upset when I saw the steps - though it did make you think twice before making the trek. Breakfast was excellent and Mary was a gracious host. Her son was helpful, a bit quiet. We were there for three nights and the rotation of guests made it even more interesting. Bottom line - not a lot of options in Eastport and we would go back here again. It is not a resort it is a home set your expectations accordingly and you won't be disappointed. My children loved getting to see Dudley the house dog (small and friendly). Nice place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank brice2
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First, let me say Mary is absolutely a wonderful, kind person and she's so helpful and would do anything for her guests. It for this reason it pains me to write this review, but I have to be honest because I really felt mislead by all the great reviews. The home is nice in a "grandma" kind of way. The reason I say this is... well, our bed was probably as old as the house. It squeaked so loud even when you just turned your head, but surprisingly.. it was somewhat comfortable... just hope your spouse doesn't move much when he sleeps! I didn't get a wink of sleep. Then, I saw our room was right next to the owner's room which is kind of makes things weird and not-so-romantic to share a wall with the owner. The bathroom did seem clean but the whole house is carpeted and old and just a lot of stuff around. The breakfast wasn't so great and maybe it's because I saw the condition of the kitchen and it kind of grossed me out. Also, their dog wanders everywhere, even into our room. But the worst part? The son. Oh. let me tell you about the son.. not well-versed in customer service. When we first got there, we found parking in the back of the house and went in a back door when we saw the hosts at the door. We asked a few questions and the son was kind of short with us.. he just didn't seem to have social skills. We then went out to get lunch and, on the way back, thought we could go in the front door, but it was locked. We saw the son run up the door and, in a berating manner, he says "you're supposed to use the back door!" Ummmm... OK. There's a nicer way to say that and maybe it they told us that when we first got there or had some kind of sign at the front or rear entrance to let us know their preference. It just made me feel like I wasn't a welcomed guest there. The son is just a scruffy, 40-something living there and it's probably better if they hide him when people arrive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank landladytina
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Milliken House is a charming B&B within a three minute walk to Eastport's harbor area, and the town center. Eastport is a relaxing, low-key little town and from the moment you walk into Milliken House and meet Mary, you'll wonder why it took you so long to find this very special part of Maine. Mary prepares a sumptuous breakfast every morning, and she is so warm and welcoming that everyone lingers around her huge table talking for at least an hour after we've finished our meal. My first visit was in August; I returned in September, and plan to go back again in October!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank DianaRI
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Eastport is a cute little town in a gorgeous part of Maine. It's the perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of Bar Harbor. Milliken House is a grand old Victorian lady with tons of period detail including marble fireplaces, flocked wallpaper, and original light fixtures. We stayed in the third floor suite which was perfectly suited for us and our two teenage boys. The modern, updated rooms were clean, tidy, and lovingly decorated, and the beds very comfortable. And what a treat for us "big city folk" not to have to worry about locking doors!! Mary was very good about accommodating our dietary needs (vegetarian) and made a different delicious and huge breakfast every morning. After we returned home, Greg emailed me to say that he found an earring in our room, and was it mine? He then mailed it to me. What service!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank gailpie

Been to Milliken House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!