We REALLY liked the room- spacious, clean, nice furnishings, loved our little deck to face the river. I thought it was a great value and we really appreciated that it was one of the few places in Maine that wasn't demanding a three or four night minimum during the high season of August. Even though I'm going to complain about a couple of frustrations below, we would absolutely come back.
There were a few hiccups with service that the hotel could easily work out. First , we called ahead to tell them we'd be getting in late at night, and they gave us the code to get into our room so that was great. But we got in at 11 pm and it was pitch black- there was no signage and with a pretty sprawling campus, we had no idea where to look for our room. No one was staffing check-in, so we drove around for 10 minutes before we realized our room was the building marked "SPA" that we drove by as soon as we had turned off the road. In daylight I think we would have figured it out sooner, but some lights and better signage would go a long way.
Second, I prepaid with paypal when I booked the room and got confirmation from paypal that payment was received, but after we left the hotel they called us to say we hadn't paid. When I told them we did and I had confirmation, they asked me to email it on but warned they might have more questions. It was a little odd, I would have thought paying in advance would have made the process smoother instead of bumpier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Maine coast and the tranquility of Sheepscot Harbor Village & Resort, at our premier island resort! We offer luxurious Maine Waterfront Cottage rentals, along with beautifully appointed rooms in the Inn Hotel & gorgeous suites in the Lodge Hotel. New for 2014, is our Waters Edge Banquet and Function Facility Your one stop destination for Weddings & Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Meetings, Private Parties, Family Gatherings, and so much more!, Located on Davis Island, Sheepscot Harbour Village & Resort boasts stunning water views and beautiful grounds along the harbor, the perfect location for your wedding, corporate even, family reunion, romantic getaway or any occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheepscot Harbour Village Hotel Edgecomb
- Sheepscot Harbour Village And Resort
- Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa Maine/Edgecomb