We went here when it was still winter up there in April during spring break.
We are a family of four with 2 kids aged 6 and 4.
We rented a 2 bedroom cottage from RCI (didn't realize it was a cottage type until we got there!).
I was pleasantly surprised of its beautiful setting and it surely doubled our surprise since we arrived around 7pm when sun sets were just mezmorizing.
Cottage was just tastefully decorated, I would personally rated it #1 for its coziness, homey, tasteful decors throughout the cottage. You'll smell the scented candles when you walk in that makes you feel like you're at a spa! LOVE LOVE LOVE the cottage itself and the decors!
I have to say that this place is super romantic!! Too bad we had kids with us. =P
Definitely recommend here for couples but not with families!!!
Here are some pointers of this resort:
-ROMANTIC. Did I mention its a ROMANTIC place? it sure is! It'll be great for anniversary trips.
You'll fall in love again(?) watching the beautiful sunset together...! =) Even in the bathroom they had two shower heads for two people!
-NOT FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN!! There's absolutely NOTHING for kids to do.
maybe because we went during off season, it was pretty much DEAD. My kids were little enough
to be just happy playing in the indoor pool but if you have older children, they might get bored!
-POOR, CHEAP MATTRESS. On my... While the beddings looked really good. Mattress was like a poor motel quality. It would make noise every time to move. this is the only and MAJOR complain I have with the unit.
-KITCHEN was fantastic! They were very well stocked with cuisinart pots! I've never seen major brand name pots from other fancy resorts but this place had it! They even had wooden cutting board- never seen at other resorts. I was very impressed with their kitchen stocks! Too bad my unit didn't have dishwasher.
-INDOOR POOL was also very spa-like setting but you they change the key code everyday to get into the pool, which is kinda annoying. You have to call the front desk every morning to get the key code.
-KEYLESS ENTRY. Another good thing about the cottage is that you don't need that plastic key to get into your cottage. They'll provide you with the key code and all you need to do is punch in.
I liked this keyless entry system for the cottage but for the pool! pool code was much longer and difficult to memorize and the fact that it changes every morning wasn't helping us.
-FITNESS CENTER was within the pool area and they had nice equipments. I was able to workout while kids were playing in the pool with my husband. We took turns to workout.
-FREE WIRELESS INTERNET only available at the front desk area. I think you need to pay separately if you want it in your cottage.
-Front desk closes early during off-season. This is not a large resort like setting.
** If you go here, you must visit the Pemaquid Point lighthouse Park!
It's about 35min drive to the resort and it was a beau-------tiful place to be! I've heard the lighthouse that you see in most calendars and postcard of Maine are pictured with this lighthouse!
Lighthouse was closed but the scenery was just soooo beautiful. I've never seen anything like it! (this was our first trip to Maine). Rock formations with the ocean waves are a must see!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Maine coast and the tranquility of Sheepscot Harbor Village & Resort, at our premier island resort! We offer luxurious Maine Waterfront Cottage rentals, along with beautifully appointed rooms in the Inn Hotel & gorgeous suites in the Lodge Hotel. New for 2014, is our Waters Edge Banquet and Function Facility Your one stop destination for Weddings & Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Meetings, Private Parties, Family Gatherings, and so much more!, Located on Davis Island, Sheepscot Harbour Village & Resort boasts stunning water views and beautiful grounds along the harbor, the perfect location for your wedding, corporate even, family reunion, romantic getaway or any occasion! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheepscot Harbour Village Hotel Edgecomb
- Sheepscot Harbour Village And Resort
- Sheepscot Harbour Village Resort & Spa Maine/Edgecomb