“disgusting”
Review of Pioneer Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edgecomb
Pioneer Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edgecomb
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I stayed here with my husband and dog a while back. It reminded me of the movie Vacancy, and that's not a good thing. It was so gross, the beds were awful , we barely slept at all. The door barely shut and my dog was on guard all night. The bathroom was nasty and dirty. The fridge was dirty . I didn't even want to touch the floor with my barefeet. The worst motel ever.

Room Tip: A tip to choose a good room = sleep in your car
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandymass

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Rooms are very clean. The family is very nice and willing to do anything to make your stay comfortable. Right off off route One and close to many areas. Busy traffic during the day and quite about 10 at night. Cheap clean stay which I stay there whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Net1975
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Your basic place by the side of the road. Overpriced, but you're paying for for its nearness to quaint towns of Wiscasset and Damariscotta. Bed was so-so, room was clean, and all the devices (fridge, A/C, TV) worked. Must say the first sight of the man at the desk, shirtless, was off-putting. Yes, it was a hot day, but it suggested there was no working air conditioning. In fact, the room air conditioner worked just fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MartinKohn
Reviewed 18 July 2012

is there a 50 letter word for disgusting , if so apply it to this place , ok its $60 but for $60 you deserve a clean room with a proper door , nedless to say i did not inspect the room first if i did i would have rather slept in the car,

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank easkey12
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed in a pet friendly room and it was DISGUSTING.. It stunk has stains in carpet and doors, when we asked if we could switch rooms the answer essential NO.. If you have animals PLEASE FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank sphgonzales
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My wife and I have stayed here maybe four times over the last few years and we are always happy with our time there. It is simple and clean. That is what you pay for. Linens are fine, small towels but adequate. The TV, Microwave, Fridge, and AC all work well and are clean. WiFi is spotty and best to ask for a room with a good signal if this is important.

Room Tip: Ask the owners for a room with a good WiFi signal if this is important.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Late at night we stopped in at the Pioneer Motel. We inspected room before paying for the night. Room appeared to be clean carpet decent, bathroom clean. Once we got into room and removed the bedspread, yikes! stained sheets. Told the manager he removed and replaced the sheets. But he did say while replacing sheets, his wife trys to removed the stained sheets but can't change them out like the bigger hotels! Mattress was disgusting stained as well, and just not comfortable. Pillows, take a look at pictures I've included with cases removed. We ended up sleeping in our clothes, suitcases left in the car. We used our own blankets. My wife used a travel pillow and I rolled up a jacket for a pillow. Road traffic was quiet past 10pm, but picked up again at approx. 6am. Instead of upgrading fencing around inground pool, maybe they should invest in some new mattresses and pillows.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ffdoug

Been to Pioneer Motel? Share your experiences!