“Very disappointed”

Dining options: Lunch
pennsylvania
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Having read Malcolm Bedell's new book on eating out and around Maine I had great hopes for Patty's. Patty's is lacking and Bedell's credibility suffers. I had high hopes of being able to skip the hour long wait at Red's Eats and eat at Patty's. Bedell's waxes lyrical about the lobster roll at Patty's and while I have not had every lobster roll in Maine Red's is still among the top and Patty's among the bottom. Way too much mayonnaise and the sweet potato fries were execrable.

Visited June 2014

Port Clyde, Maine
“Lobsta' roll and real lemonade - it must be summer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Skip Red's and drive another mile or so up Route 1 to Patty's Seafood - a small trailer with picnic tables on the west side of the road. Everything is homemade, fresh and delicious. My lobster roll was outstanding, with just the right amount of mayo. And tons of lobster meat! Homemade lemonade and chips rounded out the fantastic lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Augusta, Maine
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were traveling along Route 1 one day recently and were looking for a quick lunch that wasn't from a quick food restaurant. We quite literally happened upon Patty's and were thrilled with our find. This little roadside take-out diner is pretty quaint and Patty's crabmeat roll is one of the best I've ever had! Chock full of fresh, sweet crab---so very tasty and satisfying! We will return, for sure!!

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roadside stand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Also known as," coon side grill"- we were referred by a local for the quality food, which was very fresh: I had lobster roll, and decent amount of meat, but knuckle meat in the roll, one claw : but small roll, my husband had tune fish which came on roll, he said it was , very good.

Visited September 2013
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Lobster Rolls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

It's easy to drive past this darling little stand on north side of Rt 1. Fabulous lobster roll, typical of Maine in August. You know the deal- fresh lobster meat with mayo only on a buttery toasted roll. I know we had some other good stuff, but I was to focused on satiating my daily quest for shack style lobster. Yumbo! Easy on the wallet too.

• Visited August 2013