“Quick coffee stop”

Dining options: Breakfast
Eustis, Maine
“Quick coffee stop”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

loved the atmosphere here, visited for a quick coffee and pastry the staff had great recommendations and were knowledgeable about both the products and the town.

Visited March 2014

Islesboro, Maine
“Delicious Fresh Pizza”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was my first visit and I am flat bread pizza freak so I decided to test out their pizza. They have many options and varieties to choose from so you can create at will. 10" pizza was not overly seasoned, fresh, hot and served in a timely manner. Service was pleasant and knowledgeable. So, on the pizza front, I would definitely recommend. The beer options, this time of year, seemed limited. The beer I ordered actually turned out to be another flavor than intended but I liked it so it was fine. Atmosphere was nice, casual and had variety of seating for singles, couples and groups.

• Visited December 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Delicious lunch.”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Had such a great lunch/service on one day we went back the next day for lunch, meal was delicious but the service was lacking even though we had the same server. She was not friendly and almost unpleasant???? We wondered if she considered our tip was not sufficient the day before therefore we deserved a lesser service. It certainly wasn't because she was busier as there was only three tables of patrons in the cafe. We had recommended it to friends after the first day but were sorry we did. Nothing to turn you off more than an unfriendly waitress, sadly as the food was excellent.

• Visited November 2013
Cary H, Owner at Maine Grind, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
So sorry for your your unpleasant service on your second trip. We work hard to have good service, I don't know if your server was having a rough day, or something entirely different. We discourage our servers from checking tips, it's really the volume that makes a difference in the end, not the individual tip. I appreciate you taking the time to write so that I can address this issue with our staff to ensure it does not happen again.

Cary Hanson
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Place”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had coffee and bagels this morning. Staff was friendly, food was good. Prices were reasonable for a coffee shop. Overall a good place for coffee and bagels.

• Visited September 2013
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Terrible”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We just wanted some eggs and an English muffin. Rudeness right from the beginning. So impressed with themselves and totally lacking in customer service. We ordered one Lubec and one Penobscot. No wraps please. We sat where we could see the cooking area. Piles of fry pans. Only order was ours. 15 minutes later nothing. Finally delivered to our table - two Wraps. No wraps. No wraps. We didn't want wraps. Scraped eggs out of wrap. Tiny, tiny portion. Asked about English muffin - delivered to table dry without butter or jelly. Asked for butter and jelly. Hubby (retired military) asked for ketchup. After much ado - told they did not have any ketchup. This was the worst on our two week vacation. Get over yourselves. Lousy all around.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank doloresandjeff
Cary H, Owner at Maine Grind, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
I am so sorry you had such an awful experience at The Maine Grind for breakfast. I appreciate you writing the review so that I can address what happened. My sincere apologies for your terrible breakfast experience.