“You got to love Hampton”

Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ellsworth
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I love Hampton Inn. I love that I know what I am getting for m money wherever I go. Hampton inn Ellsworth is no different, the service was very kind, the rooms are very clean and were cleaned to purfection every day. The pool was awesome and our son loved it. The hotel is right next to a bi plaza of shops which can be by handy in case you want a late dinner, but if you ae traveling to the area to visit Acadia national park (which you probably are), then there are alternatives closer to the park. This is the main reason this is not a five stars review in my book. Apart from location the other reason I would not give this hotel the top score wad the fact the dinning area was usually unclean whenever we came for breakfast, which is a shame as I know this is not the network standard. All in all we had a lot of fun during our vacation to Acadia and I will recommend this hotel to my friends.

Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Sivan L

Reviewed 2 May 2012

ABSOLUTLY GORGEOUS. Stayed a night with my mother and got a king room. Everything is soo well put together and beautiful. Loved the bathrooms and beds especially. Breakfast was sooo good. You offer different variety of food. Staff is great. Know a lot of the girls personally. I had such a great stay and can't wait to be back!!!

Room Tip: you wouldn't be diappointed in any of their rooms
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Indrid_Cold20
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to Bar Harbor and Acadia Park. This is a brand new location and everything is spotless. We were welcomed and checked in very quickly and a look around the room confirmed it was as reserved. It had all the usual Hampton Inn ammenities, such as small fridge , microwave, rather a small t.v for the room size. Again everything in the room was clean and new. wireless internet was fast. We did not use pool or fitness area or business centre, however a quick look showed them to be in excellent order. The breakfast in the morning was probably a little better than usual . Just fresher I think. The lady running the area was very friendly and stopped by our table and chatted and recommended a couple of restaurants in Bar Harbor. Check out was quick and easy and received a newspaper outside door in the morning. If coming back to the area, I would stay here again without hesitation and would highly recommend to others

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jacksondj5
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband & I stumbled onto a little gem of a hotel, just a short distance from shopping and we have to say we love it there. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly. We prefer to stay at Hampton Inn for the cleanliness of the hotel, but have stayed at the Bangor location several times until we found this one a couple of years ago. Now this is our hotel of choice! The breakfast offers many choices and is always delicious, thanks to the staff and one very special lady who is like an old friend now(props to Linda).
Thanks again to the staff in Ellsworth
PS If you check it out make sure to check out Main st and the little specialty shops and for eats try Helen's for the delicious food & wonderful staff

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tdtravelling
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My partner and I passed through Ellsworth for a night and needed an affordable place to stay. Just a place to sleep, but were really impressed with the attention to detail compared to other budget type hotels. Super comfy bed, nicely updated furnishings, clean and modern. And the breakfast was amazing; something for everyone! Definitly a great place to stay if you are heading north or stopping for business.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank lmagnolia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This is a new hotel. Very modern and clean. The pool is large and you get free breakfast. The staff is friendly and accommodating but you aren't near anything. There is no lounge Or shuttle. You only have one delivery choice and if you don't live around ellsworth you wouldn't know about it. So bottom line if your driving thru Or don't mind the haul to bar harbor this is definitely the nicest hotel in ellsworth hands down but have a car.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank melmarre
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I always look for value and this hotel had it. The building was quite new, and the room was very clean and furnished nicely. Swimming pool and jacuzzi was empty so we took advantage of it. Free wifi.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shawn O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellsworth
Comfort Inn Ellsworth - Bar Harbor
#18 of 41 in Bar Harbor
Eagle's Lodge Motel
Eagle's Lodge Motel
#4 of 10 in Ellsworth

Been to Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor? Share your experiences!