“Good Japanese food”

Shinbashi
Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The old Green Tree Restaurant - same owners - built a beautiful upscale restaurant in the center of Ellsworth. Excellent - same recipes says Catherine -half of husband & wife team.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Wherever we go, my kids want miso soup... so luckily we found this place. They had good miso soup, and I got a beef teriyaki. The portions were quite generous too. If youre here and desire some Japanese food, I would definitely check it out.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just walking through the door we were impressed with how well decorated Shinbashi is. We were greeted quickly and offered our choice of seats as we arrived just as they were opening at 11:30. We were looking for sushi and decided to order the large love boat because it included lots of sashimi. Even the shrimp sushi, which we usually find rubbery at other sushi bars, was good. We would definitely return when we are in the area again. My only negative comment would be with the plush surroundings, the paper napkin was cheap.

1  Thank Spruce92
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The place is very nicely decorated and the tables are attractive. The shrimp with broccoli was very good but a little on the salty side. I didn't care for their fried rice, it was bland. The best thing I think was chicken on a stick. That was very tender and moist. I did like the melon on the plate. I won't rush back but glad I tried it. I have had better in town and I have had worse out of town. Worth a try. Huge menu.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Busy. Waited a long time to be seated. Service was average, very young server. Very nice interior though! Very modern. FANTASTIC SUSHI! Extremely fresh tasting! My husbands Seasame Chicken was so-so. About par with other eateries in our area at home. Would recommend because of the atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a find! A small sushi restaurant in Ellsworth Maine might not seem to be a likely find, but this one sure was! My husband and I stopped in late on a Friday evening. We were seated right away, and the service was attentive and prompt throughout the entire meal. My husband chose tempura, and I sampled several sushi combinations . We both agreed it was amazingly fresh and the flavor combinations were unique and delicious. We will definitely return on our next visit to Acadia!