“No thank you”

Dining options: Reservations
Ellsworth, Maine
“No thank you”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For a place that is supposed to be "Mainely" meat..... It is pretty bland and unoriginal. The product was dry and the sauce selection was poor at best. The side dishes available taste like they are scooped out of a bucket..... We will pass on this place in the future.

2 Thank earthfood7

Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Real BBQ Cravings Satisfied Here”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

While visiting Ellsworth on vacation I stopped into Mainely Meat on Main for lunch with my husband and my mom. It took a while to get seated but the atmosphere was very homey & the scent of BBQ was infectious. We all ordered pulled pork of one type or another, from a fairly limited but predictable BBQ menu, and everyone enjoyed it very much! I found it to be a bit fatty but my husband took care of the extras happily. The French fries were awesome & random shouts from people watching FIFA were a fun addition. Will definitely be back here on our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
Opelika, Alabama
“Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband got an omelette with pulled pork and whole wheat toast. I got two eggs, bacon and blue berry muffin, the best part of the whole meal was that they served grits! Our waitress was very helpful with questions that we asked about the area and didn't mind spending alittle time with us!

Visited June 2014
Ellsworth, Maine
“Tried the steak for the first time, done perfectly tender and delicious!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I always get the bbq wings as I love that rich bbq flavor but I went for the steak, so good. Hubby had a half rack of ribs which was more than enough food again done perfectly, meat falling off the bone. Coleslaw is yummy as are the beans. My only complaint would be the potato salad which I can never eat. It has a strange taste and a yellowish tinge, it always gets left on my plate. All in all a wonderful meal.

• Visited May 2014
Penobscot, Maine
“Eaten Barbecue all oer the country and this is near the top of my list!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just moved to Penobscot, ME a few weeks ago and was looking for a good place to eat. My brother told me to try Mainely Meats on Main. I was a little sceptical having eaten at some of the best BBQ joints in the country NC, SC, TN, FL, and considering myself a BBQ conoisseur.
First off the place is really cool inside, and had good live music, and local beer.
I ordered the Pulled Pork meal and it was some of the best pulled pork I have had. It was simple but smoked to perfection! The beans were good also.
So I decided to go back again a week later and try the ribs. They were fall off the bone, perfectly seasoned with a dry rub wicked good!
So If you love BBQ I highly recomend this place!

• Visited May 2014