“Wicked Good Meat!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dover, New Hampshire
“Wicked Good Meat!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Real good Q on the coast is a rare find. Warning! if you're expecting to find meat drenched in sauce that's not what you're going to get. This is dry rub smoker cooked barbecue with a couple of sauces on the side, that weren't really necessary. I had the sampler, a good portion of tender pulled pork was the primary item. Two(not enough) meaty ribs were included along with a healthy length of sausage that had a strong but not overly smokey taste( I'm not a fan of allot of smoke flavor). The only thing I didn't enjoy was the chicken, it was cooked very well but I just didn't like the seasoning. I chose the potato salad which was decently flavored and the beans. The beans were thick New England style with a slight kick at the end. It was also served with a side of corn bread which was tasty but could have been a bit bigger. The two sauces were a spicy mustard base that I didn't try and the other was similar to Sweet Baby Rays but a bit sweeter. This was good barbecue at a reasonable price, looking forward to stopping in again when we go back to town in a few weeks. Waitress was very friendly and attentive too!

• Visited July 2014

Ellsworth, Maine
“No thank you”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For a place that is supposed to be "Mainely" meat..... It is pretty bland and unoriginal. The product was dry and the sauce selection was poor at best. The side dishes available taste like they are scooped out of a bucket..... We will pass on this place in the future.

2 Thank earthfood7
Smithfield, Rhode Island
“Real BBQ Cravings Satisfied Here”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

While visiting Ellsworth on vacation I stopped into Mainely Meat on Main for lunch with my husband and my mom. It took a while to get seated but the atmosphere was very homey & the scent of BBQ was infectious. We all ordered pulled pork of one type or another, from a fairly limited but predictable BBQ menu, and everyone enjoyed it very much! I found it to be a bit fatty but my husband took care of the extras happily. The French fries were awesome & random shouts from people watching FIFA were a fun addition. Will definitely be back here on our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
Opelika, Alabama
“Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband got an omelette with pulled pork and whole wheat toast. I got two eggs, bacon and blue berry muffin, the best part of the whole meal was that they served grits! Our waitress was very helpful with questions that we asked about the area and didn't mind spending alittle time with us!

Visited June 2014
Venice, Florida
“Tried the steak for the first time, done perfectly tender and delicious!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I always get the bbq wings as I love that rich bbq flavor but I went for the steak, so good. Hubby had a half rack of ribs which was more than enough food again done perfectly, meat falling off the bone. Coleslaw is yummy as are the beans. My only complaint would be the potato salad which I can never eat. It has a strange taste and a yellowish tinge, it always gets left on my plate. All in all a wonderful meal.

• Visited May 2014