“Best Burgers in Town”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great Beer selection and great food. Not too expensive and super service. Good local music too. This is one of the best places in Ellsworth.

There are newer reviews for Mainely Meat on Main

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This isn't really a touristy-type place - they have minimalist decor and from the outside you'd probably steer clear. However, once inside, it's a bit more inviting. The menu is quite limited - some steaks, ribs, pulled pork, etc - and prices are on the steep side, but I think you get what you pay for - delicious BBQ and steaks, cooked to perfection and not slathered with all kinds of sauce that cover up the meat taste. Personally, I loved it, my wife was a little turned off by the location and the upkeep of the place but we were there for the food, honestly. They also had live entertainment (a male guitar player and female singer) that was a nice touch - not obnoxious at all, just about right. I'd return if I was looking for BBQ again.....

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Real good Q on the coast is a rare find. Warning! if you're expecting to find meat drenched in sauce that's not what you're going to get. This is dry rub smoker cooked barbecue with a couple of sauces on the side, that weren't really necessary. I had the sampler, a good portion of tender pulled pork was the primary item. Two(not enough) meaty ribs were included along with a healthy length of sausage that had a strong but not overly smokey taste( I'm not a fan of allot of smoke flavor). The only thing I didn't enjoy was the chicken, it was cooked very well but I just didn't like the seasoning. I chose the potato salad which was decently flavored and the beans. The beans were thick New England style with a slight kick at the end. It was also served with a side of corn bread which was tasty but could have been a bit bigger. The two sauces were a spicy mustard base that I didn't try and the other was similar to Sweet Baby Rays but a bit sweeter. This was good barbecue at a reasonable price, looking forward to stopping in again when we go back to town in a few weeks. Waitress was very friendly and attentive too!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

For a place that is supposed to be "Mainely" meat..... It is pretty bland and unoriginal. The product was dry and the sauce selection was poor at best. The side dishes available taste like they are scooped out of a bucket..... We will pass on this place in the future.

2  Thank earthfood7
Reviewed 29 June 2014

While visiting Ellsworth on vacation I stopped into Mainely Meat on Main for lunch with my husband and my mom. It took a while to get seated but the atmosphere was very homey & the scent of BBQ was infectious. We all ordered pulled pork of one type or another, from a fairly limited but predictable BBQ menu, and everyone enjoyed it very much! I found it to be a bit fatty but my husband took care of the extras happily. The French fries were awesome & random shouts from people watching FIFA were a fun addition. Will definitely be back here on our next visit.