“Better late than never”

Cuisines: Pizza
Surry, Maine
“Better late than never”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I ordered a pizza for lunch at 12pm- lady that took order told me there were "a few ahead of me"- I figure 1/2 hour or more- a hour later pizza arrives. NOThot, warm at best, also big, large coarsely chopped chunks of onion rather than sliced or small pieces. A lot of dough- not much toppings.
If the 3 item small pizza I ordered had not cost me $10 (including tip to driver) maybe I would be less critical- What really pushed me to write this was delivery driver did not even bother to thank me for using the company he works for much less the $1.65 tip I gave him for dropping off the pie.
Not sure that I would order from them again.
Bill B.

• Visited January 2014

Eddington, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I work in Ellsworth and order from Charlie's frequently (they are the only place around that delivers). Pizza, sandwiches, and bread sticks are all great! I recommend the bacon cheese dog!

Oh! And they have Mountain Dew!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ryan B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food,freindly poeple,and they deliver to my home”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I eat here offten the food is deliverd fast and hot and if i'm in the mood for a beer they bring that too after they (card)you,allways good food the staek an chz

1 Thank haroldmw
Ellsworth, Maine
“They deliver alcohol with pizza to homes; this is not a smart move”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

When I learned they deliver alcohol with food orders for home delivery and my spouse, a recovering alcoholic was getting these deliveries, I called and spoke to a woman who claimed she was the owner. I warned her I did not want any deliveries to my home address and under a week later, they delivered again. This is putting my husband's recovery in jeapardy! He is still early in recovery and this is like feeding candy to a baby. All they want is money; they care nothing for anyone's welfare and safety.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Carla B
reykjavik
“Best dining experience in Ellsworth, by far”
Reviewed 29 March 2008

For pizza in Ellsworth, there's Finelli's ("gourmet" but just standard, a bit overpriced), there's Pat's (fine selection of beer and okay food), and then there's Charlie's, the locals' favorite. Located off the beaten path, just behind the Post Office & around the corner from The Grand. I've never been disappointed with anything from Charlie's, and this includes feeling welcomed and valued as a customer. The food is high quality, very well prepared, and the prices are so spot-on fair. In terms of ambiance, well, this ain't no Ritz: there's a little dining room in the back, clean, nothing fancy -- just darn good cooking. When I go to Finelli's I feel a bit taken for a ride, and when I go to Pat's I feel I'm getting a fair meal at a price higher than warranted. You'll likely not find many summer visitors at Charlie's because if you're driving through Ellsworth, you won't pass it on a major road; but find the Post Office and it's right behind that. It's really nice to find a place where owners and workers take pride in the quality of their work, and treat their customers right. By the way, if you want to buy beer, you can at Charlie's, but consuming it on the premises is not permitted, per its liquor license. (You'd be better off at Pat's if you want to drink + eat.) And oh -- if you're staying at a hotel in Ellsworth, Charlie's delivers. As for Finelli's voted "Downeast's #1"? Because Charlie's doesn't advertise, the shop was not listed among the candidates for voting in the newspaper, FYI. As someone originally from NY, when I want pizza or a sub in Ellsworth, I go to Charlie's.

5 Thank Opscoor