“Breakfast done right!”
Review of Sylvia's Cafe

Sylvia's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have been a breakfast cook over twenty years and this little place is proving to get it right! Good job! I will always recommend Sylvia's to my friends and family!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My sister turned me on to Sylvia's years ago. It is tucked away in a mini mall in Ellworth but the food is out of this world, big portions and inexpensive. The place is always full of customers but the service is excellent.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast with just as good service. Very comfortable environment. You cannot go wrong at all by eating at this establishment

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We had average expectations before dining [lunch] yesterday at Sylvia's and walked away talking about how good the food and service was. I tried the crab omelet and instructed the waitress to please don't overcook it [hate those burned omelets!]. My wife had a turkey sandwich.

My omelet can out hot and perfectly cooked and my wife couldn't stop talking about how good her sandwich was! The turkey was fresh and not turkey roll lunch meat. She gave me a bite and I think I'll get that the next time. The crab omelet was excellent also!

Service was good and I asked the waitress to thank the cook for doing such a nice job. I wish we had tried Sylvia's before now. We'll surely return and recommend it to someone who wants fast service and quality food.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I really liked Sylvia's. It is the true local, "Mom & Pop" kind of place that I always like. These kinds of places are really hard to find but this one was perfect for me. I felt like a local here. It is not a fancy tourist place. There were a couple of tourist like me there but mostly were obviously locals. The staff was very friendly and hustling to provide good food and service. The food was good and I wish I would be here for longer so I could try more things on the menu.